Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in NSB actually trained, fought, or happen to be trainer, whats your story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    I have both, fought and now occasionally training fighters that seek my advice at the gym. I'm not a professional trainer or anything but I consider myself on of the most knowledgable people in this sport. I have never met someone as smart as me.

I did amateur boxing, 39-1 (avenged my loss by KO). I found a very good career outside of boxing so that's why I left it. I still have it though, I prepare HWs in sparring for fights at my gym and I'm 160. I move like a lightweight with the power of LHW/HW.

And I don't train or reach out to, people just come to me at my gym and I help them however I can. I don't share ALL my knowledge though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be Charlie Zelenoff in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Yea true lol

uh yea....it was my first memory off boxing

not my fault half of yall on here smoked and drunk your brains away and cant remember anything before 5 years ago

My uncle had it on tape and we watched that fight over and over....Learned how to score fights and rounds by watching it and other tapes he had

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
        Shawn Porter used to have an account on here I think
        Until he realized how ******ed it is here

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be Charlie Zelenoff in disguise.
          Charlie z would mop the floor with golovkin the poster

Comment

Ive posted a few of my am fights on here and a few highlights but never got much feed back.

I am a current national champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO1JCYlKPy0

here are a few highlights of my recent fights.

be honest and tell me what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by therazor87 View Post
              Ive posted a few of my am fights on here and a few highlights but never got much feed back.

gonna check you out when I get off

Comment

Sparred with some co workers....one use to spar in camp with Juan Lozcano, he would go easy on us...got smashed with a good body shot by another co worker with amateur exp. after that I decided to stick to the stands and admire from afar lol. **** that ****

Comment

I've been a boxing fan for a long time but I didn't start training until about 2 years ago. I always played sports and was a college athlete but I always wanted to box, so I gave it a try. I trained at a gym which is not a boxing gym but has a small area that was accommodated for people that wanted to box. The guy who was training me and others was a reasonably well known fighter in the 90s and a former world champion at lightweight.

I mostly did conditioning but I began sparring as well. The problem was that there were only 2 guys I could spar with. The other people just took conditioning classes and didn't want to spar..one was a heavyweight who trained every day and one was a teenager who had more skills than me but was really light. Sparring the heavyweight was very difficult for me. I am a better athlete than him but his punches were so hard that it was extremely difficult for me to open up and hit him with the combos i had been practicing because of how much his punches hurt. He never knocked me down but I'm sure he could've if he wanted to. The other kid that I sparred has some really good skills and is now fighting in amateur tournaments. He was better than me but when I landed on him I would hurt him because I outweighed him by 25-30 pounds. I kind of felt bad but I had to throw very hard to get him off me. I wasn't getting better sparring either guy.

Anyways, I haven't been back to that gym in about 4 months. I have been staying in good shape, lifting weights, and playing basketball and a ran a couple obstacle races this summer. I think in the future I would like to try again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                    some of the more expensive/advanced cups recently released since mma got big are really really good and you don't feel much

generic old school cups will prevent you from dying of ruptured balls.. that's about it.. you still feel everything because they don't have any sort of suspension/absorbtion system
                    Yeah I came across this brand called Diamond MMA, seems pretty legit, but I have a phobia having hurt myself there once. I guess I'll just have to try it out. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 09-09-2015, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by therazor87 View Post

What are you from? you got some good hands man

not being critical, your stance is a lil square and you throw some arm punches but you do have solid technique, its just the trainer in me

Comment

Working...
                      X