Comments Thread For: Anthony Dirrell Back In Win Column, Shuts Out Rubio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Yep.

Lemieux actually lost to Rubio yet some GGG fans are talking him up like he's something special and this upcoming PPV is some huge fight. Blah.

As for Dirrell if he wanted to impress he should have taken this guy out. Since he didn't it will go down as a lackluster performance.
    hmmm going back 4 years to discredit ggg's opposition i see. didn't maidana lose every round to alexander 2 years before fighting floyd? shouldn't that show you that someone can come back and work there way back into relevancy?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      hmmm going back 4 years to discredit ggg's opposition i see. didn't maidana lose every round to alexander 2 years before fighting floyd? shouldn't that show you that someone can come back and work there way back into relevancy?
      The question was asked if anyone still thinks Lemieux has a chance against GGG. And we are replying with "who the hell even thinks that?" Given Lemieux's history most of us here don't think he has much of a chance at all.

Comment

The question was asked if anyone still thinks Lemieux has a chance against GGG. And we are replying with "who the hell even thinks that?" Given Lemieux's history most of us here don't think he has much of a chance at all.

Lemieux has the same chance at beating GGG as Canelo, Cotto, Lee, Quillin, Jacobs, or Lara(if he moved up) has.
        None.
        Healthy Dmitry Pirog was the only guy at 160 who had a chance and he is retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Just shows how limited Dirrell is as a fighter. This was Rubio's first fight at SMW, coming off being utterly destroyed by GGG in less that two rounds and Dirrell could not hurt him at all. Seeing as Dirrell couldn't hurt him, and Lemieux could not hurt him and Golovkin demolished him without even working up a sweat, does anyone still think Lemieux has a chance against GGG?
          There you guys go again with the flawed analogy. Do you REALLY think Lemieux is the same guy he was vs Rubio? Really??? SMH

Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
          Glad I didn't waste time on this pathetic match up. I just think its hilarious dirrel couldn't ko him. What's with all these "high caliber " opponents fighting bums and are just satisfied with jabbing them to a decision? PBC is ass
          I knew the outcome too, as did many. The overly defensive Dirrell, especially after getting heavily dropped by Jack, was never gonna do any more than he did in there with ancient Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Fight of the year.

Comment

He has a punchers chance..

It's not GGGs fault 160 isn't full of guys you think have a "chance".

Comment

Rubio was there for a paycheck. The two of them were laughing and smiling and talking the whole fight. Dirrell should be embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
                  Well, maybe this means that GGG is a real destroyer (but still many poster think Golovkin is only hype).

Rubio didn't even look like a real SMW, given how soft his body looked.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Rubio was there for a paycheck. The two of them were laughing and smiling and talking the whole fight. Dirrell should be embarrassed.
                    I don't agree with that. Rubio was the one on the front foot, he was simply outgunned with speed & power. He gave a similar effort in his win against the bigger Enrique Ornelas.

Comment

Of course Lemieux has a real chance to beat Golovkin. He has heavy hands, decent speed, and is throwing beautiful combinations on the inside. Actually, he's the most dangerous guy for GGG at 160 or 154. Monroe, Murray or Ouma all hit Golovkin clean on the inside with short hooks. If they can, Lemieux can as well. Let alone he is more talented and has serious power. I'm pretty sure he will rock Golovkin at least, if the Golovkin of the last fights show up. However, Golovkin can box as well, so don't be surprised if he's going to box beautifully from the outside with a violent jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X