Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever been knocked down in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mayweather ever been knocked down in sparring?

He's never been officially knocked down in a fight which is remarkable, but he's had countless sparring sessions spanning decades, surely he's been hurt or knocked down bad at least once?

I know this thread is going to get a lot of sensitive responses from the usual suspects who will start crying but I'm just interested if anyone has any rumours/stories that are solid

He supposedly got dropped during the Canelo training camp

Comment

almost assuredly numerous times over his life, but why would he publicize it

Comment

Mayweather actually does have an official knockdown, when he broke his hand against Carlos Hernandez when his glove touched the canvas though it was because he broke his hand it was still an 'official' knockdown.

Interestingly the round after that Floyd fought as a southpaw, only time I've ever seen him do it.
        Last edited by Ryn0; 09-05-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          He supposedly got dropped during the Canelo training camp
          GTFOH the rumor BS we hear about every fighter dont count , I know people that have been in his gym and close to his camps for years and he has never been put down on his pants .
          Last edited by Reloaded; 09-05-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Ishe Smith dropped him in sparring with a body shot.

Comment

Supposedly Paul Spadafora done so.

Comment

Yep he got dropped by a gust of wind when they opened the door one day

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  GTFOH the rumor BS we hear about every fighter dont count , I know people that have been in his gym and close to his camps for years and he has never been put down on his pants .
                  bs dude everyone gets hurt in sparring unless he makes his partners tickle him

Comment

I don't know if he was knocked down but I heard fresh out jail Floyd was getting his ass handed to him while training for the Guerrero fight.

He even went into the fight with a black eye.

But I'm pretty sure he has before doe.
                    Last edited by The tucker; 09-05-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X