Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Mayweather vs Berto do on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Mayweather vs Berto do on PPV?

It's clear it won't break a million, both Maidana fights didn't and I don't think Guerrero did. Also after the pacquiao fight I think a lot of the haters now won't tune in. So how many do you think it will sell?

My guess is 6-700,000
    > 1 000 000
    3.92%
    800 000 - 1 000 000
    3.92%
    600 000 - 800 000
    39.22%
    < 500 000
    52.94%

I think 400-500k, honestly. Those would be huge numbers for anybody else, but it's a relative bomb given Mayweather's PPV record setting track record and how much money he's guaranteed. Mayweather-Pacquiao was a stinker (in the general public's view) and there's no interest or hype for this matchup. Also, don't expect the real numbers to be released, they'll probably just say it did "better numbers than expected."

Comment

we'll never know because they probably wont release them since the number will be low

for me, this fight has 400-500K written over it...no buzz, no hype, i didn't even realize it was next week and im on this site everyday

Comment

250k - 350k

Comment

More than it deserves on Floyd's name recognition, but I would be surprised if it exceeds 500. Maybe as low as 200-300, but it depends how well educated people are on how poor of a match it is. I think in terms of support for Floyd/desire to see his last fight, we are talking 100 max. The rest will be suckers who saw the ad and said **** it because they were bored/don't know better or plain just don't care about wasting money on a bad fight. The question is how many casuals can be roped into a bad fight with a big name attached to it at this point.

Comment

Espinoza openly admitted lying about Canelo vs Lara PPV numbers. So it's safe to say they will lie and exaggerate the numbers again. They're not even content in saying it did 100K, which is already astronomical if you really think about it for a crap like this. They would shamelessly say it did 300-700K.

50K - 90K is a realistic number.

Comment

It will do way better than it deserves. This is the weakest PPV maybe ever for Mayweather. This is his gift for the Flop of the Century money from May.

I hope it doesn't sell any, but the hardcore Floyd fans will buy it. He could fight Mickey Mouse and they'd buy it.

Comment

They may lie about it. It will do bad. The fight is pretty close and I don't feel any kind excitement for it and it doesn't help that i'm in school having to buy a bunch of textbooks and stuff and the price tag for this fight is $75. Bad timing for the fight and bad fight to have bad timing with. Some of my friends who watch boxing are also college students with a lot of expenses and it's just not worth the sacrifice to pay $75, and no one cares about chipping in because the fight is so bad.

Comment

It'll be interesting how this does. Everyone on this site agrees Berto is a sh.it opponet and if this site was the real world it'd do 100k but Floyds the face of boxing for everyone that doesn't watch or know boxing so while boxing may have 1.5 -2 million hardcore fans Mayweather has reached mass appeal and known beyond boxing circles.

it's also supposedly Floyds last fight going for it and the first episode of All Access has over 1.1 million views in less then a week .

I think it'll do similar to Guerrero #s 800-900k.

I'm buying it, won't stop my day for it but'll watch it after work doesn't feel like it's a week away though.

Comment

No option for 5-600? Well whatever, it will b less than 500 probably, perhaps more if you include theater numbers. I didn't think it would be this low before but the buzz feels very poor for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X