Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amateur boxing reporter; how does ben thompson/fight hype always get the exclusive???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Cover the Prospects and cover them as they work their way up, they will never forget you when they become Stars. They will always give you the exclusives!

Ben Thompson did not join in on the Anti Mayweather Movement a few years ago. It was a lot of Websites who was Pro Pacquiao and 100% Anti Mayweather but Thompson decided to give Mayweather a chance to defend himself from the slander that was going on from majority of the boxing media and Mayweather never forgot it and that is why Ben gets exclusives that others will never get. People don't like it because they're Jealous that Ben has that type of Access that they really wish they had.
    I'm not sure you are 100% correct here. Ben definitely did a 'deal' with Floyd''s team to go all in on Floyd.

Here is how I know. Back in the day I belonged to FH and if after awhile you had proved to be a regular poster someone who was established there could nominate you to become 'Team Fight Hype.' It didn't mean too much other than you had it on your avatar except one bonus was there was a locked forum that was only open to Team FH members and Ben would sometimes drop tidbits in there about things he was hearing that for whatever reason he wouldn't publish publicly.

To be honest not even that sort of stuff happened often. I do remember once he said he knew someone who was a steroid dealer that was also close to Ariza. Ironic since he is now so far up Ariza's butt, LOL.

Anyways on to Floyd, Ben used to say some pretty outlandish stuff about Floyd in Team FH about how he was an entitled arrogant child and that should he and Manny ever fight Manny would kick his butt, haha.

Funnily enough then one day he closed down that locked forum without any warning. A few people asked him why and he just passed it off by saying that no-one used the forum and it was costing him money to have it there, like huh???

Not soon after, all these Floyd puff pieces started dropping on FH and it all made sense. Ben must have done some kind of deal with Floyd and he was scared ****less that his arrangement would be up the wazoo if Floyd or anyone in his team ever saw what Ben had said about Floyd privately behind his back.

I'm pretty sure it still haunts Ben a little to this day and yes I know 100% for sure that some of the other guys definitely did get some screen shots of some of Ben's comments, haha.

Not long after that as all the established guys were giving Ben grief daily about his sudden change of face Re. Floyd he went and banned us all from the site, LOL. Good times.

So yeah, sorry to say Ben Tamp0n deffo did a deal with Floyd, a guy he privately used to say he didn't like or respect. I guess money changes everything yeah brah?
    Last edited by b d w; 09-03-2015, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Cover the Prospects and cover them as they work their way up, they will never forget you when they become Stars. They will always give you the exclusives!

Ben Thompson did not join in on the Anti Mayweather Movement a few years ago. It was a lot of Websites who was Pro Pacquiao and 100% Anti Mayweather but Thompson decided to give Mayweather a chance to defend himself from the slander that was going on from majority of the boxing media and Mayweather never forgot it and that is why Ben gets exclusives that others will never get. People don't like it because they're Jealous that Ben has that type of Access that they really wish they had.
      Ben Thompson may have earned the right to gain exclusives interviews but as Mayweather fan even I have trouble sitting through his videos. Whenever he interviews Floyd he comes across as a male groupie which annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Ben Thompson may have earned the right to gain exclusives interviews but as Mayweather fan even I have trouble sitting through his videos. Whenever he interviews Floyd he comes across as a male groupie which annoys the hell out of me.
        The one in the back of the Bentley where Ben is in full 'mmmm........mmmm' mode is borderline disgraceful. I mean doesn't he have kids? What are they supposed to tell their friends at school? That daddy blows a famous athlete for a living, LOL

As Ben used to say when he was slagging off Floyd in the Team FH forum, 'mubahay b1tches!'

Comment

I like Fighthype for getting exclusives with Mayweather - even though the interviews are mostly bs anyway and really nothing worth hearing is being said at least 9/10 interviews.

However, it is a pro floyd site and Ben never asks Floyd any hard questions, which is bs.

Comment

First off do like Ben does and get yourself some tmt knee pads and then put your jaw game to work.

If you want to be a good journalist first go back go school and really study journalism and how to do real interviews. Also if you are trying to be the next Ben just shot yourself already. The guy is not even a second rate journalist, he's truly more like 3rd or 4th rate. He's not even a real journalist. He is just a fanboy with a video camera and a microphone and his interviews are God aweful, kringe worthy. He never hits anyone with the hard hitting questions. You know why Floyd or broner won't do interviews with anyone else? Because they know Ben has a good jaw game and also he won't hit them with the hard hitting question like other true boxing journalist would do and put them on the spot.

Basicly go back to school and really study up on journalism and learn how to do real interviews first and how to get the interview. Then jump right in.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Ben never asks Floyd any hard questions, which is bs.
              Hard questions lol. This is silly. Idk why some people act like interviewing athletes is some on the hot seat gotcha questions sorta ****. Its a sport not Barrack Obama on the O'Reilly Report or a courtroom cross examination.

Comment

By interviewing people and becoming friend? Or be like Ellie and suck everyone's cawk

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post

I'm pretty sure it still haunts Ben a little to this day and yes I know 100% for sure that some of the other guys definitely did get some screen shots of some of Ben's comments, haha.
                  did these ever get leaked?

Comment

Originally posted by MidWestBrawler View Post
                    did these ever get leaked?
                    Occasionally for ****s and giggles they would get leaked on the front page in the comments section but always got removed SUPER quick 😂

Comment

Same thing I ask about Ariel Helwani in the UFC, but I know the answer to that one.

In short, it's your contacts, like anything in life

Comment

Working...
                      X