No announcement yet.

If India and Pakistan got into boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    What do you think would happen if India and Pakistan started investing in boxing, and boxing gyms popped up?

Since both countries are among the most populous in the world, it stands to reason that if they got interested in the sport, they could produce some medalists and/or world champions.
    This right here.

Comment

If boxing became popular their large populations would help the odds of champions coming from there. It's also true that certain places produce way more good fighters than you would expect for their population. The UK, Ukraine, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Philadelphia and Mexico all have a large number of champions for their population. I don't think India or Pakistan would be one of those places.

Comment

Comment

...... i'd pretty much give up on watching post fight interviews

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            India is now into boxing
            Check their commonwealth and Olympic games records from recent times
            Also just set up a professional body there
            They have Cuban assistance in running their amateur programme nowadays
            Good to know, I am going to keep an eye out for Indian boxing, I work in the tech industry and know many people from India, they haven't gotten me into Cricket yet, but they are really cool people.

Comment

I feel like the OP was hoping for negative responses

Comment

There's so many people that surely they could produce a few good boxers. Also I see them getting behind their stars. Vijender Singh just turned pro and he has a massive following. And don't forget future HOFer Prince Patel.

Comment

Originally posted by frankiebruno View Post
                  why is this suppose to be funny larry because he has a turban and a beard?

"yessa massa, i picked dah cotton massa! May i get mah cornbread now massa?"

lol..............

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    Naseem Hamed had Yemeni parents and was trained in Sheffield, absolutely no link to India or Pakistan.

I've been to India several times, the kids are obsessed with Cricket like on a whole other level. I don't think there would ever manage to be the following to produce great fighters.

Comment

I've seen Pakistani and Northern (Punjab...Great Khali looking Indians) Indian guys who have good genetics....Don't see why they couldn't have some success if they got heavily into it.

Southern Indian guys tend to be pretty scrawny/nerdy looking through on average....
                      Last edited by animalfan10; 08-27-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X