Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time the boxing world was shocked by an upset?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
    A little bit of me died that night. In reality it was probably the greatest fight I have ever seen live. One of the best fights ever surely?
    too bad it wasn't the piece of you that posts on NSB.

Comment

jones/tarver

Comment

How big an underdog was Froch to Bute? The announcers were talking like it was Froch's funeral before the bell rang, and Froch was a sizable underdog here. I don't know what the odds were, though.

Obviously it still wouldn't shake the boxing world up, though. That only happens with Mayweather and Pacquiao level fighters or the heavyweight champ.

Comment

Huck-Glowacki, a boxer that has ruled at Cruiserweight for years KO'd by a guy who wasn't even in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            With Berto vs Mayweather and Lemeuix vs GGG I was thinking when was the last time the boxing world was legitimately shocked by an upset? We have had robberies such as Bradley over Manny but im talking legit upsets that shocked the boxing world.

Im talking Tunney over Dempsey, Tarver over Roy Jones, Ali Beating Liston, Ali Foreman and Douglas over Tyson upsets of that nature. Im talking legit I cant believe that fighter just won. Im not talking about some over hyped fighter losing.

So I guess my question is what was the biggest upset since you been a boxing fan and also what are some upsets that have happened over the last few years cause I can think of a couple but none that were like wow thats a complete shock. The boxing world is over due for one of these and though I dont think it will be mayweather barring a robbery I do think an epic upset will happen over the next year or so.
            You don't have to look further than Broner/Maidana, and Rigo/Donaire

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Marquez/Pacquiao IV
              Yep.

It's not that shocking that Pacquiao lost based on how close the previous fight was, it's HOW he lost. KTFO. No one saw that coming.

I predicted a Marquez win and many others did, but everyone who did said by decision. The KO came so suddenly, after a frantic pace of action. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                I don't think Marquez beating pace as a shock considering a lot think Marquez beat him already. The way it happened tho was dramatic no doubt. I think tarver jones was last one at that level.

We have had upsets but none at that type of level since tarver jones the closest was prob pac over Oscar
                Yeah, the way the KO happened was certainly a shocker (was there to see it) but in no way was it shocking that Marquez beat Manny. I mean I'm a big Pacquiao fan and I actually bet on Marquez to win that fight given the over 2-1 odds for Marquez in what I thought was a near 50/50 fight...

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  You don't have to look further than Broner/Maidana, and Rigo/Donaire
                  Those weren't very big upsets though. Donaire was barely a favorite (2-1 at some places, most being more like 1.5-1) and same with broner/maidana. Plus Broner wasn't really proven so it wasn't that shocking he got beat.

Comment

The one that got me out of my seat recently was Algieri-Provodnikov. I for one definitely didn't think he could pull it off.
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 08-27-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Since its coming Mares/Gonzales

Tarver/Jones is still the most money i have made off a fight. Thank you Tarver

Bradley/Pac. Yes it was a robbery but took the boxing world for a spin

There are many now that i think about it but in my time the biggest is Tyson/Buster

Comment

Working...
                      X