Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rigondeaux is overrated. DEBATE WITH ME.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigondeaux is overrated. DEBATE WITH ME.

to people who say one of the following:
    -rigo beats loma @ 126
    -rigo beats morales @ 122
    -rigo beats barrera @ 122
    -rigo beats hamed @ 122
    -rigo beats junior jones @ 122
    you are overrating rigo and im up for debate.

generic points:
    -rigo's chin is weak as hell. dropped by
    a) amagasa's off-balance "right jab". and this guy is someone who has NEVER fought at 122 in his career before. always at 126. DRAINED for this fight.
    b) cordoba... a jab.....
    -all this rigo hype began AFTER he beat donaire. and donaire's best weights were from flyweight to bantamweight.
    -donaire is a counter puncher who relies heavily on his powerful left hook. arguably limited one dimensional boxer.
    -rigo is too small

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    to people who say one of the following:
    -rigo beats loma @ 126
    -rigo beats morales @ 122
    -rigo beats barrera @ 122
    -rigo beats hamed @ 122
    -rigo beats junior jones @ 122
    you are overrating rigo and im up for debate.

generic points:
    -rigo's chin is weak as hell. dropped by
    a) amagasa's off-balance "right jab". and this guy is someone who has NEVER fought at 122 in his career before. always at 126. DRAINED for this fight.
    b) cordoba... a jab.....
    -all this rigo hype began AFTER he beat donaire. and donaire's best weights were from flyweight to bantamweight.
    -donaire is a counter puncher who relies heavily on his powerful left hook. arguably limited one dimensional boxer.
    -rigo is too small
    He will not beat Loma, and will be KO'd if they fight, and I dunno for sure about these hypothetical match ups but to say Rigo is overrated is absolutely nuts. He's the sweetest of sweet scientists out there. Unlike Floyd he actually tries to hurt people, and tries to finish them if he gets them hurt, he is the most beautiful boxer on the planet by a country mile, pisses all over Floyd and Andrea Ward, just spectacular.

Same with GGG, not Rigo's fault if EVERYONE in his division is ducking him. He would wipe the floor with Frampton and Leo Santa Cruz.

Comment

Rigondeaux has skills for days. All his accomplishments so far back that notion up. If you can't see that he's a special once in a generation talent, that's actually gone out and walked that walk too, you need to put down that crack pipe and come up for air.

That said...I don't think he's indestructible. He is chinny, he does get clocked in between exchanges. Sometimes his movement goes from blinding fast to a little static and he gets caught in odd positions. Vasyl Lomachenko would be big, big trouble, and I'd love to see that fight.

But to call Rigondeaux overrated...

Comment

I think Rigo is easily one of the most skilled guys to come around in awhile. Like others have pointed out though, he seems to be chinny. I don't know if he could stand up to the guys who are good enough to land and have some real power. Unlike Donaire, those guys know how to box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          I think Rigo is easily one of the most skilled guys to come around in awhile. Like others have pointed out though, he seems to be chinny. I don't know if he could stand up to the guys who are good enough to land and have some real power. Unlike Donaire, those guys know how to box.
          This is the problem. Old, balloned-up shot-as-**** Darchinyan was outboxing Duh...naire just recently for ****s sake.
          Outboxing him don't really mean **** honestly.

Comment

where is everyone getting "rigo is super skilled" from besides his gold medals?? this is pro game.

Comment

damn right he was getting outboxed by a way-over-the-hill darchinyan before he landed the left hook that darchinyan falls for every time.

Comment

where is everyone getting "rigo is super skilled" from besides his gold medals?? this is pro game.
                In the pro's he's undefeated 15-0 with 10 KO's and the Lineal/WBA/WBO Super Bantamweight World Champion.

Next?

Comment

I'd debate but not with you. I mean debating about Rigo's rate with a guy who has Lomachenko everywhere is kinda pointless and sad.

Loma is less accomplished in professional boxing, already has a loss and still hyped like crazy but you're bitching about Rigo's overratedness? First have a little self critic then call people debate with you.

Comment

Ameteur game is all about skills ffs. Ams def count in seeing how good a boxer is overall.

Comment

Working...
                    X