Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo can not be compared to Margo when speaking of a Cotto fight

1-Margo knows how to cut the ring off,Canelo does not

2-Margo is a pressure fighter,Canelo is not

3-Margo had to take a beating in order to get his win,Cotto beat his ass like a red headed step child(no pun intended) Canelo simply is not built like that,hell very few are

Canelos lack of foot work will hurt him here and in my opinion he is not even a better boxer,he is slower and just does ot respond well to adversity.

(REPLY TO THE OTHER THREAD SINCE I AM ON IGNORE)

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

3-Margo had to take a beating in order to get his win,Cotto beat his ass like a red headed step child(no pun intended) Canelo simply is not built like that,hell very few are

Canelos lack of foot work will hurt him here and in my opinion he is not even a better boxer,he is slower and just does ot respond well to adversity.

You are my boy Larry, and though you make valid points, by no means should that mean that this will be easy for Cotto, in fact, it will be easier for Canelo than it will be for Cotto.

Cotto was much better in 2011. He has cherrypicked everyone since after the Trout fight. Cotto has not fought a fighter with a pulse since trout. Put him in there with Someone with a pulse, he gets taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
      You are my boy Larry, and though you make valid points, by no means should that mean that this will be easy for Cotto, in fact, it will be easier for Canelo than it will be for Cotto.

Cotto was much better in 2011. He has cherrypicked everyone since after the Trout fight. Cotto has not fought a fighter with a pulse since trout. Put him in there with Someone with a pulse, he gets taken out.
      No not an easy fight at all but sure Canelo looked great in his last fight but Kirkland was never that good and he was drained to high heavens....Canelo will cause Cotto issues with his counter punching and when Cotto goes flatfooted Canelo will have his opportunities to unload combo;s and he has beautiful combos and strings them together well

Comment

No not an easy fight at all but sure Canelo looked great in his last fight but Kirkland was never that good and he was drained to high heavens....Canelo will cause Cotto issues with his counter punching and when Cotto goes flatfooted Canelo will have his opportunities to unload combo;s and he has beautiful combos and strings them together well
        Cotto is not winning the fight unless he knocks Canelo out, and here is one problem with that, Cotto does not have the power to knock out Canelo. But Canelo does have the power to knock down cotto, and probably land some nice uppercuts in the process. The Judges know that if Cotto wins, he is going to hesitate when it comes to getting in the ring with GGG. Canelo won't hesitate. That is why Canelo is getting the decision. But that is if there is a decision. I see Canelo taking this diva out once and for all.

Comment

Canelo also only fights for half a round, taking time off inbetween combinations. Margarito used to make a 3 minute round seem like a lifetime, was throwing punches every second.

I think Cotto will outbox Canelo but may end up getting caught and stopped. If Canelo has anything it is one punch lights out power.

Comment

Larry i agree with points 2&3 but please tell me u are semi trolling when you saif Margarito knows how to cut off the ring? Margarito is awful at that & i actually blame him for this whole Mexican era of walking after a guy & taking 2-3 to the face to land 1 & than say they fight like Julio Cesar Chavez Sr... But with that said, cotto will be the quicker fighter with both hands and feet, i think Canelo has the fresher reflexes so Cotto wont be able to stay in the pocket for to long, anything above a 2punch combo after 4rds Canelo will time him. Cotto needs to finish every combo with a body shot to have a chance late because Cottos quickness fades. Canelos power is somewhat overrated but if cotto dont put in that body work the last rds will resemble khan vs maidana with the more popular boxer winning...

Comment

Yea not sure where this "canelo will beat the hell out of cotto" stuff is coming from. Only people he beat the hell out of was punching bag slow as molasses angulo. Josesito Lopez who only had 1 welterweight fight lol. And Kirkland with no chin and 18 month layoff. He can win but it won't b some spectacular beat down

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                Cotto is not winning the fight unless he knocks Canelo out, and here is one problem with that, Cotto does not have the power to knock out Canelo. But Canelo does have the power to knock down cotto, and probably land some nice uppercuts in the process. The Judges know that if Cotto wins, he is going to hesitate when it comes to getting in the ring with GGG. Canelo won't hesitate. That is why Canelo is getting the decision. But that is if there is a decision. I see Canelo taking this diva out once and for all.
                Not sure about that at all man,Floyd buzzed Canelo clearly a few times especially with that uppercut,and yea Floyd also wobbled Cotto in the 12th..neither have granite chins but i think Cotto has the better defense..BUT I DO AGREE CANELO WILL GET THE DECISION IF COTTO DOES NOT BEAT HIM UP AND ATLEAST DROP HIM

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Larry i agree with points 2&3 but please tell me u are semi trolling when you saif Margarito knows how to cut off the ring? Margarito is awful at that & i actually blame him for this whole Mexican era of walking after a guy & taking 2-3 to the face to land 1 & than say they fight like Julio Cesar Chavez Sr... But with that said, cotto will be the quicker fighter with both hands and feet, i think Canelo has the fresher reflexes so Cotto wont be able to stay in the pocket for to long, anything above a 2punch combo after 4rds Canelo will time him. Cotto needs to finish every combo with a body shot to have a chance late because Cottos quickness fades. Canelos power is somewhat overrated but if cotto dont put in that body work the last rds will resemble khan vs maidana with the more popular boxer winning...
                  He was not the best cutting the ring off but he sure did know how to cut it off imo,thats why he got fighters on the ropes so much

Comment

points 1 and 2 are not that important on a cotto fight, cotto fights nothing like floyd or lara, canelo is a much better boxer than margo and he has enough speed and power to stop cotto at some point...
                    margo took a beating cuz he has no defense and is slow as hell...
                    styles make fights and we are about to find out...

Comment

Working...
                    X