Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 168 lbs/12 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back in 2015 people really did buy into the hype. Good Boy, Mexican Style (Thank you Un-Abel Sucker-chez for the free promotion but you aren't getting your cut of that DAZN money when I get paid for being a culture vulture and riding off of Canelo's back and hard work.). He had to be the biggest GGGimmick in boxing in the last 10 yrs. Wilder doesn't have skills but his right hand is no GGGimmick. 32% actually thought that fool would stop Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
      back in 2015 people really did buy into the hype. Good Boy, Mexican Style (Thank you Un-Abel Sucker-chez for the free promotion but you aren't getting your cut of that DAZN money when I get paid for being a culture vulture and riding off of Canelo's back and hard work.). He had to be the biggest GGGimmick in boxing in the last 10 yrs. Wilder doesn't have skills but his right hand is no GGGimmick. 32% actually thought that fool would stop Ward.
      What Gimmick? GGG is the real deal. Ward wanted no smoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Denial ain't a river in Egypt...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          Denial ain't a river in Egypt...
          Will go down as the GOAT MW.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Will go down as the GOAT MW.
            ...what...??

Anyways it's pretty clear Ward wouldve been a sizable favorite. GGG was very ordinary against Jacobs, Canelo, and Dervenchenko and while he was officially 2-1-1 he just as easily couldve been 2-2...more importantly his power wasnt impactful.

Imagine GGG trying to impose his power on a bigger Ward who boxes on the inside better than Dervenchenko.

Real hard to see GGG doing much with Ward at 168 but ya never know.

I wonder how Canelo Ward wouldve gone down at 168. Have a feeling it would play out like Bradley Marquez...Canelo just being smaller and slightly behind in almost all aspects with Ward potshotting but not really hurting Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
              if he can outpoint kov, he can handle kovs mini-me, ggg.
              Kovalev and GGG were different boxers. Kovalev was more of a rangy stalker while GGG was a pressure boxer-puncher. Some peeps dont want to read this but Kovalev actually had more power. GGGs KOs looked better because of how offensive he was, but punch for punch Kovalev did more damage....Kovy just thre a lot more single punches.

I rated Kovys power and defense better than GGG and their jabs were about the same. GGG had better activity/engine and GGG had more heart. GGG also had a better chin.

Kovalev beat Andre Ward, Pascal, Agnew, BHop, and Cleverly. And Kovalev won all of those fights definitively.

GGG beat Jacobs and Dervenchenko and drew with Canelo. Sure GGG shouldve got the nod in 1st Canelo fight but he also shouldve lost to Dervenchenko and Jacobs was a 6-6 fight.

I'll take Kovas career accomplishments, but GGGs money XD XD XD

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                ...what...??

Anyways it's pretty clear Ward wouldve been a sizable favorite. GGG was very ordinary against Jacobs, Canelo, and Dervenchenko and while he was officially 2-1-1 he just as easily couldve been 2-2...more importantly his power wasnt impactful.

Imagine GGG trying to impose his power on a bigger Ward who boxes on the inside better than Dervenchenko.

Real hard to see GGG doing much with Ward at 168 but ya never know.

I wonder how Canelo Ward wouldve gone down at 168. Have a feeling it would play out like Bradley Marquez...Canelo just being smaller and slightly behind in almost all aspects with Ward potshotting but not really hurting Canelo.
                I like GGG but Ward is one of the best P4P of this generation. GGG would have put up a better fight than Kovalev but his big advantage was his power and Kovalev's power couldn't hurt Ward.

Comment

History will not be kind to Ward for ducking Golovkin the great.
                  history? nobody knows andre ward, only hardcore boxing fans LMAO

Comment

• ''GGG by KO''

That sh it would be the absolute least way this fight would end. GGG fans not really thinking about this.

A draw would be 1000000x more likely

Comment

• Originally posted by calemanregreso View Post
                      history? nobody knows andre ward, only hardcore boxing fans LMAO
                      Well said.

Comment

Working...
                      X