Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 168 lbs/12 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I figured it was obviously implied that when I said more experienced, I meant more experienced at an elite level, which he is, or at least was, when last truly active.
    Ward's inactivity is the only thing going for GGG in this "mythical" matchup (it'll never happen IMO)

Ward is bigger, stronger, equally skilled (and I am being VERY generous to GGG here), rough as guts and has beaten elite level competition EASILY

At his best, he is a bigger prime BHop and that is any MW's worst nightmare

Based on the evidence, Ward stops GGG late and/or delivers a serious, ugly beat-down and wide UD (e.g. BHop vs Tito)

GGG's handlers are right to keep him well away from Ward as he will earn more from a Canelo fight and that is a bout that he has far more realistic chance of winning
    Last edited by Tomjas; 01-11-2016, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      We could have had this fight already if Ward really wanted it and was the type of person who wants to challenge himself and fight the best. It's funny how some people invent ducking conspiracies for fighters they dislike, but fail to recognize a real avoidance when it smacks them in the face.
      I see where it fits your agenda, but your facts are mixed up, the roadblock in a Ward/g string matchup was g string, not Ward

Comment

• Ward ducked GGG at 168... Dre pretended to call Golovkin out only after he fought at 172 (and later confessed that he has to cut weight in order to even make 175)...

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
          I see where it fits your agenda, but your facts are mixed up, the roadblock in a Ward/g string matchup was g string, not Ward
          Gennady Golovkin blasts Andre Ward
          "Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

... And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."
          Ward went on his "lil G" and "i guts this email" rants in September, which is 3 months after this, and 2 months after the Lemieux and Cotto/Canelo fights were set up.

Better check your facts and get your head out of your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Ward went on his "lil G" and "i guts this email" rants in September, which is 3 months after this, and 2 months after the Lemieux and Cotto/Canelo fights were set up.

Ask these "slick" trolls: just when and related to whom Ward initially used that "lil X" formula? Was it initially related to GGG or to Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post

Team g string insisted on a catch weight that Ward couldn't possibly make. This killed the fight. Get your head out of you ass, ****in priick

Comment

Team g string insisted on a catch weight that Ward couldn't possibly make. This killed the fight. Get your head out of you ass, ****in priick
                They did not insisted on anything -- they said it straight and only once.
                Nothing killed any fight anymore -- as Ward had no fight before or after "the dangerous" Paul Smith at 176.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  No, Ward stops him. 8 or less. I'm taking bets. Real money, none of that e-point ****boy ****.
                  I will have $1000 on GGG. You have to give me the same odds as I can get from a bookie, obviously I am not taking even money from you if I can get a better price elsewhere.

Oh by the way, fight will never happen, because Andrea doesn't want it to, he will overprice himself / make negotiations too difficult, or he will stub his toe a few days before, or get his period, or something.

If he fights any of Kovalev, Stevenson or Beterbiev I am also here with real money.

Guy won't even fight Barerra, he's whining his way out of that LMAO at this princess, everyone is tired of him.

Ward: STFU and get a good fight made.

Comment

You're such a child.

Golovkin's team did not "insist" on the CW that killed the fight. Fight was dead before then because HBO told them both they needed time to market the fight and Ward wanted tuneups.
                    Source:
                    “GGG is now clearly the ‘A’ side yet Ward still would want to dictate terms, which makes no sense,” Loeffler said. “GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder [at] 164 [and] a 50-50 split on all proceeds. But it seems like Ward needs more tuneup fights.”
                    As for Ward "couldn't possibly make 164", don't make me laugh. He said he can make 160 for Floyd.

This has been discussed ad nauseum, and only the uninformed idiots cling to the "ggg ducked ward" theory. You can spot most of them because they all sound the same. They curse a lot, use the same lame insult and post the same anti-ggg crap in threads that have nothing to do with Golovkin. Wait.. that sounds exactly like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                      I will have $1000 on GGG. You have to give me the same odds as I can get from a bookie, obviously I am not taking even money from you if I can get a better price elsewhere.

Oh by the way, fight will never happen, because Andrea doesn't want it to, he will overprice himself / make negotiations too difficult, or he will stub his toe a few days before, or get his period, or something.

If he fights any of Kovalev, Stevenson or Beterbiev I am also here with real money.

Guy won't even fight Barerra, he's whining his way out of that LMAO at this princess, everyone is tired of him.

Ward: STFU and get a good fight made.
                      butt hurt over Ward easily handling Froch?

Comment

Working...
                      X