Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any boxer who could have taken this punch without getting knocked down? .gif

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oliver McCall wouldn't blink at that shot...

And ricardo Mayorga did take that shot, 3 times in a row and smiled n danced

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      Originally posted by New England View Post
      any durable HW ever.

oliver mccall is a nice place to begin.
      Damn,,, my exact thoughts.., good job guys

Comment

Raging Bull Jake La Motta

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          Who?

Vitali Klitschko there your quetion is answered.

Okay since that was a heavyweight the other option would be Carl Froch and maybe a young Glen Johnson.
          Last edited by M Bison; 08-18-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

The difference between those shots is absolutely huge! So big, it's silly to have to even mention it here. When you take a perfect shot right on the point of the chin, when you don't see it, aren't ready for it, aren't defending against it, and you're in the middle of throwing your own hook, which increases the torque of both punches shots because you turn into the shot, increasing the impact ten fold, literally smashing your brain around in the skull, it's not even in the same realm as waiting for a shot, knowing it's coming, looking at it, preparing yourself for it, tucking your chin, hunching your shoulders and then turning your head at the moment of impact.

If Mayorga had taken the same shot, in the same sequence that Vargas took his, he'd go down just the same. Oh wait, he already did! Go watch the Oscar fight. Takes a left hook in the middle of throwing his own, nearly identical to this and goes down like a sack of ****.

Come on guys. Comparing those? A guy inviting it, preparing, tensing, defending (yes, he does defend against it), tucking and turning to someone getting hit with a shot they don't see, aren't preparing for, and are turning in to...

Fence and a hedge. Datsun and a Ferrari. Post and a dog. Jazz and 80's fusion.

I don't see many, if any, 154ers in history taking that shot in that sequence without quite a serious visible effect and probably going down. Some would get up, most wouldn't and a very, very, very small few might only get badly wobbled from it. I don't see it though.

Comment

Even then, Mayorga hasn't fully started throwing his own hook yet, he's only just getting ready so he's not even turning into the shot when he gets hit by it, just doesn't see it and isn't watching it, waiting for it, preparing, tucking his chin and turning away from it. He doesn't see it at all and it makes all the difference in the world! He's not tucking his chin. He's turning into it, though only a little in this instance, rather than away. He's not defending against it at all.

Now, if Oscar lands that a split second later when Mayorga is fully rotating his whole body, and more importantly his chin, right into Oscar's incoming shot with his own hook and it lands on the point of his chin instead of his cheek...the question obviously isn't whether he goes down, we already know he does, it's 'does he get up within ten or is he out cold Pac style?'

Tito's shot is better in literally every way. The question is only if Mayorga gets up at all.
              Last edited by BennyST; 08-18-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Oliver McCall wouldn't blink at that shot...

And ricardo Mayorga did take that shot, 3 times in a row and smiled n danced
                The reason he dances is because the last shot, or the second really of the two he invites, actually does hurt him and he tries to hide his legs doing the funky chicken by pretending to dance. He's clearly hurt by the second shot though. It killed any chance he had in the fight, if he ever had one to begin with.

Tito is a little unsure in the first shot, but seems to go for the second shot more and even with Mayorga getting ready and trying to tuck and turn, he doesn't quite get it right and his legs go. He then tries to hide it by exaggerating it all.

Comment

Benny ST did all the work for me. I feel the same way. Mayorga was watching those punches. In an exchange when you aren't expecting the punch it's very different.

As good as Tito's hook is, I think Oscar's is just as devastating. Tito's right hand was dynamite too that's the difference.

Comment

Besides Khan I don't see anybody in the game today that can take that punch.

Comment

Another vote for Margarito

Comment

Working...
                      X