Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the sake of the sport of boxing: How should the next superstar look like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
    This is stupid. May the best man win.
    May the best man win has been eroded over the year. It started with Sugar Ray Leonard with the principle of: May the A-side pick everything. Roy Jones carried it on with the principle of: Beat a few great fighters, get into a good negotiating position then Don't fight legitimate threats. And of course Floyd has mastered and combined both principles.

Nowadays donkeys like Broner and Wilder are trying to dictate to make the playing field uneven. It's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
      1. Reason why this is a stupid thread: Pacquiao is not on a decline, I would say Floyd is more-so. Both are gonna retire within 2016 (even though they both legit could dominate another 5 years)

2. Golovkin is that fighter. He just needs a DLH step.
      Maybe scarasm maybe insane. I don't know you well enough to know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
          The PPV stars are nothing alike personality wise. The only thing they have in common is that they win.
          Lotsa guys win. Its not about just one thing its a combination of things.

You need opponents too, so weight divisions matter. GGG isn't gonna be a PPV star cuz there's no opponents out there that can make him that. I know a ton of people would disagree, but it ain't happening.

Comment

1. Reason why this is a stupid thread: Pacquiao is not on a decline, I would say Floyd is more-so. Both are gonna retire within 2016 (even though they both legit could dominate another 5 years)

2. Golovkin is that fighter. He just needs a DLH step.

Comment

The simple answer is "The Bronze Bomber" Deontay Wilder

6'7 heavyweight with dynamite power in both hands, a bit of an amateur pedigree, a strong homebase (near 18,000-seat Legacy Arena at Birmingham Jefferson Community Complex), a homebase that basically puts him on the road from August-February, a diverse class of viable opponents, with Anthony Joshua being the only one "on his level", tbh, and the ability to comfortably navigate the broader media world with a million dollar smile a charisma (and an exciting nasty streak when he's facing off with his opponent).

It's all contingent on Wilder beating the Klitschko-Fury winner (would launch easier if he beat Klitscko) June/July 2016, but that's "the guy" imo, especially over the next three years with the PBC effort.

Fight the stay busy Sept 26th (apparently down to Los Angeles or Birmingham), fight Povetkin December/Januray 2016 (Vegas and New York are the obvious venues), take a stay busy fight in the Spring (Klitschko-Fury winner would have to likely face IBF mandatory "Czar" Glazkov, so he'd be free for a show), and then the big fight June/July 2016 (Have no doubt that the MGM Grand will shell out the required money to secure the fight).

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post

In the sense of comparing his decline to Floyd. He didn't look good aesthetically because of the clash of styles, but he landed harder and better on Floyd in a lot of close-exchanges.
                I mean Floyd struggled more with Maidana twice than Pacquiao with Bradley & Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
                  Their is only One

Canelolujah

Comment

In the sense of comparing his decline to Floyd. He didn't look good aesthetically because of the clash of styles, but he landed harder and better on Floyd in a lot of close-exchanges.
                    I mean Floyd struggled more with Maidana twice than Pacquiao with Bradley & Algieri.
                    Pac was on the decline before KTFO6. Rios and Algieri were tailor made for him.

Floyd was destined to last in the sport due to Him remaining healthy outside the ring, Being a Defence-first fighter and just being outright better than anyone he faced.

If you think Floyd is More aged due to the sport than Pacquiao then I doubt I can convince you otherwise.

Comment

Let the young hungry guys fight each other and we'll see who comes out on top, **** what they look like none of that matters really, what matters is what they do in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X