Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Broner vs Khabib master thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a miserable fight. Broner has some of the worst footwork in boxing, he still postures way too much, but at least he started using his jab more. Props to him for beating Khabib and stopping him late, but it wasn’t a performance to write home about. Not a great fight to watch especially since HBO had a great headliner.

Comment

• Wow, Broner lost much of his muscle mass from the Porter fight.

The Khabib team looked like they were wearing prison outfits .

Comment

• floyd exploits distance and range, his footwork is amazing, sometimes a slight head reflex movement, dodge a punch with his face exposed then he will do a full blown counter, broner cant do that **** because hes flat footed, i dont even think he looks impressive anymore all i see is broners flaws.

this wasnt a good fight, it was a cherry pick plain and simple.

he hasnt changed his style or improved at all, hes just fought weaker opponents, if 2 losses wont make him improve or learn than i doubt he ever will, he has a decent chin so he can clown around at 140 and if he gets caught he will take it, thats a bad habit of his, thats why he can flat foot through these weaker guys. but he cant do that at 147 its just too much for him and thats "the division" for guys around that weight, i never thought he would have success there though, so in my opinion hes just stuck under achieving.

i would of loved to see khan and broner at 140 though, doubt that fight will ever happen now though.

hes only young though so hes going to cherry pick to the extreme, al haymon will give him time to improve and make money but i think the cherry pick wins will go to his head and he will never improve enough to be the next floyd or a world level threat at 147, i doubt he will even dominate 140.

his bad habits got carried up to 147 and he got destroyed by pressure fighters who carried more power than him, i cant see anything changing unless he gets footwork but even if he did, he does not have the reflexes to dominate 147 like floyd does, he gets caught with obvious punches, again i think a good 140 pressure fighter could destroy broner, i think crawford and postol would beat broner easily.

i think the blueprint to defeat him will always be there now from his losses, people say floyd holds but when broner does it, its because he panics, he has no answers and he cant cope with pressure at all, floyd is still very offensive when fighting pressure fighters, doesnt let his opponent control him and can actually back them up.

i have no idea why he has such limited movement, it makes me root against him because he does himself no favors like time i felt like this about a fighter was ricky hatton with his weak defense, broners flaws just make me face palm.

broner to me isnt a great fighter because he seems to have reached the peak of his boxing ability and that ability isnt enough to be a dominate force.
        Last edited by Machinist_X; 10-04-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Broner is an amazing athlete I love watching him fight I hope he gets another tomato can.

Comment

• Solid win for Broner but he didn't really improve much of his game. Workrate didn't go up much, ugly footwork etc. A 147lb version of the Broner that fought Allakhverdiev would still lose to Maidana and Porter.

Comment

• Broner is da future yo. Theopane is a P4P beast and Broner gonna school that cat, lol.

Comment

• dudes still mad as hell but none of yall wanted to place a bet,,wonder why

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  Yes, he is the best 140lber in the world, IMO.

He got robbed against Vargas but the only reason that fight was even remotely close was because he started off really inactive and wasn't letting his hands go early. He almost KO'd Vargas at the end.... he's 10000x better than Vargas. He was inactive early because allegedly his stomach was hurting and he was trying to conserve himself but in the later rounds his ache went away.

Broner is getting TKO'd, the referee will have to stop it. Khabib is not letting this get to the cards.

Khabib beats Mattyhsse, Postol, Pac, etc. Any active fighter at 140. IMO.
                  Do you still feel the same about Khabib??

Comment

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Do you still feel the same about Khabib??
                    Yes, I give Broner props for a great win but Khabib was inactive for almost 2 years.

Without his career being ruined by Top Rank and being inactive, he would of easily beaten Broner

Comment

Working...
                    X