Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did De La Hoya mean when he said Blacks can't take it to the body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he meant black guys don't like eating pusseeeeee...I could be wrong though..

Comment

Thats interesting, because I always thought it was Mexicans who couldn't take it to the body.

I remember a trainer saying in order to beat a Mexican fighter you have to beat him to the body because their chins are too strong.

The only reference I remember in terms of hitting black fighters to the body is in terms of runners or guys who move a lot, you want to slow them down go at the body early and bang them up so it wears them out and takes their legs away.

But I rarely see black fighters get knocked out by body punch, they seem to have better ability to take it to the body than other boxers actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        B-Hops last ko. Almost 11 years ago.

My how time flies.

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Boxing View Post
          Can you read? I said before the Whitaker fight.
          You said "I think it was before the whitaker fight"

Is there any footage or proof he said this?

Comment

I think it was in response to Whitaker saying that Oscar hadn't fought any good black fighters and Oscar replied that they didn't take body shots well. Which didn't look so good when he was stopped by a body punch from Hopkins and hurt to the body by Shane.

Comment

if anything it's latinos that seem weakest to the body and strongest to the face if you ask me

Comment

and p.s. oscar takes it in the ass which is a lot worse than taking it to the body so who cares what that tranny said

Comment

hmm a quick search of OPs post shows alot of racism.......

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    That he wanted BHop to show him it is universal.

Years later, the story's the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X