Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zab Judah-How would you rate his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    In what way is he one fight away?

IMO he still has a ways to go.
    What i mean is if he had beaten Cotto,Garcia or even Clottey he would have had a legitimate shot

Comment

One of the most overrated fighters of my lifetime.

His biggest win was over Corey Spinks? Not close to HOF.

Comment

I'm usually not surprised with who gets in the HOF with how low the bar has fallen, but I'd be surprised if Judah got in. That out there I still think he had a really good career. He got to fight a bunch of champions in some important fights. Won titles in two weight divisions. He got to a decent level, but lost to most of the tip top guys he fought. No harm in that. I think the expectations for him were higher than where his high point was, but that doesn't mean he didn't have a nice career.

Comment

Good career, not great.

Expectations were higher.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            What i mean is if he had beaten Cotto,Garcia or even Clottey he would have had a legitimate shot
            Ok

Yea, if he beat cotto he would have a very good shot, if he beat Garcia a shot and if he beat clottey idk if that would change much.

Comment

Not an all time great or a hall of famer. He had good skill, great speed and good power. He had a weak chin at the championship level. Not a Khan type weak chin but still not a very good chin. Once he got hurt he was slow to recover. He was not very determined and in some fights he just quit. He quit in the Khan fight by staying down for the count and claiming it was a low blow when I believe he could have easily gotten up before 10. He quit against Clottey by saying the wrong number of fingers when the doctor asked him how many fingers he was holding up. At least I think he quit. When he was hurt by Baldimor he ran the rest of the fight when he only needed to win one round to win the fight. He could have been better if he had trained harder and had more heart and will to win. He could fight and at times he looked great but you could never depend on him. He was sort of a waste of talent and never lived up to his potential at least that's my take on him.

Comment

Overall Judah had a good career and won titles and made good money. I just think he falls a bit short of the hall of fame or being called an all time great. There are some guys in the hall of fame who are no better if as good as Judah and I don't think they belong there. Judah is very well known so maybe he will end up in the hall of fame some day.

Comment

Better than Berto, who's fighting Mayweather in a month.

I'm assuming Berto will make 3x as much as Zab made fighting May (considering Mayweather's grande position compared to 2006)

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Zab had a fine career,,, no he didn't end up living up to the huge hype that he had as a prospect in the late 90s, but 99% of fighters would kill to have a career like zab's..

Multiple time champion at 140 with title reigns over a 10 year period

Lineal welter champ

Major fights with tszyu, khan, cotto, floyd, danny, spinks

Best wins Ward, Corley, Spinks, witter

Zab isn't a hall of famer, but is probably one of the most successful non HOF careers ever

And the last undisputed WW champion

Comment

Had the tools to win at the world class level, but not to dominate there. When he was good he looked so good that people overlooked the things he was missing.

Comment

Working...
                      X