Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not Kovalev vs. Ward on the Cotto-Alvarez PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Kovalev vs. Ward on the Cotto-Alvarez PPV?

That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Or will Princess Ward want to fight some super middleweight guy coming off two losses at a catch weight of 173 or something like that? (in Oakland, of course).
    Last edited by The Hammer; 08-06-2015, 02:20 PM.

The same reason we won't see Ward vs Golovkin on the undercard of a fight.

Comment

Ward just pulled 300K on his last fight, he needs to get credentials before earning a short at Kovalev or Golovkin. I'm not interested in Ward as a fan, he is pretty much a nobody and needs to become relevant and build himself. He is not big enough.

Comment

I think Kov /Huck would be an undercard fight. Ward/Kov is a headline fight that should happen after Ward/GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I think Kov /Huck would be an undercard fight. Ward/Kov is a headline fight that should happen after Ward/GGG.
          What about Ward /Huck?

Comment

Because that is probably at least $6Million of purse money with one fighter who is on the verge of being a star but isn't quite there yet and another fighter who brings no extra ppv buys to the table and only got 300K viewers on his last fight.

Comment

... so if no Ward/GGG, then no Ward/Kova, right?
              ... Dre has a plan, so everybody must comply, right?
              What else?...

Comment

a 5+ million dollar undercard ?

ward and kovalev are going to fight on their own ppv in a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Ward just pulled 300K on his last fight, he needs to get credentials before earning a short at Kovalev or Golovkin. I'm not interested in Ward as a fan, he is pretty much a nobody and needs to become relevant and build himself. He is not big enough.

this is the rhetoric of somebody who is genuinely afraid for his guys.

Comment

Kovalev vs Ward will probably be worthy of a PPV on it's on by this time next year, as long as Ward stays active and maybe gets a decent win under his belt at 175, maybe against Pascal?

Comment

Working...
                    X