Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let GGG become lineal at MW then we can justifiably criticise him for not moving up.

Comment

• Smh...

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      What run down? That he's nowhere near GGGs popularity? That is a fact.

That he's an idiot once again thinking he can dictate things when he's got no pull like he did with Froch? Opinion.

Or that he's totally forgotten? Another fact. Or that he's not the SMW champion? Look at Ring.

While you are spitting out all of these facts, you fail to mention that Ward can FIGHT! Period. He's too BIG for GGG, who looks to be a career middleweight. Ward is faster, smarter, and that's where GGG loses. Ward chin is also good. GGG's punches will miss all night and when he does connect, it will not move Ward. That's a FACT. There are weight classes for a reason. who cares how popular GGG is???? He ain't beating Ward. I like GGG but I'm not a fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        While you are spitting out all of these facts, you fail to mention that Ward can FIGHT! Period. He's too BIG for GGG, who looks to be a career middleweight. Ward is faster, smarter, and that's where GGG loses. Ward chin is also good. GGG's punches will miss all night and when he does connect, it will not move Ward. That's a FACT. There are weight classes for a reason. who cares how popular GGG is???? He ain't beating Ward. I like GGG but I'm not a fanboy.
        I have mentioned that several times. Extremely talented fighter and would be favourite against GGG.

Just not as relevant as he thinks he is.

Comment

• GGG isn't ducking great fighters. They just don't exist at MW.

Golovkin is fighting more often than anyone and winning belts. His goal is to consolidate the MW division. Business is going according to plan.

When that happens, he may choose to move up.

But for now, his next step is the called "lineal" belt. It's the most prestigious one, especially if you love (or romanticize) the bygone world of "old school" boxing...like GGG does.

Love him or hate him, he's a traditional guy.

People who complain about his crappy, overmatched opponents will just have to wait until 1) somebody good (such as Canelo or Cotto) steps up a couple pounds to fight him (or willingly hands over the lineal belt), or 2) Golovkin moves up to 168, or 3) he starts pulling guys down to 164 (like Pacquaio did to guys at various catchweights.)

Once he consolidates the MW belt, then people can B&M (since this crowd just wants to anyway) about the next group of prospective opponents. But this was ALWAYS his stated goal.

Comment

• My new avatar, courtesy of a buddy over on the RING comment threads.

Comment

• Damn GGG showed a lot of crafts on Saturday:

That jab was sweet. Straight, tough and powerful. I've never seen a jab that snaps an opp. head backward like that and broke the opp's nose.

Sweet ring awareness. Never let his back touch the ropes when Lemieux bulldozes in. Back, back and turn to the side. Great footwork.

GGG utilizing the shoulder roll. Enough said!

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                The longer the fight last, the less you'll feel like it what wasted money.
                Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
                What a pointless and ridiculous fight. And people actually paid for this BS? Suckers!
                Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Smh this was a horrible main event
                Originally posted by mlac View Post
                what kind of stoppage was that, BS.
                I hope people now understand the kind of hateration Floyd Mayweather had to deal with. You just can't win no matter what you do.
                • Ronda Rousey gets a KO in less than a minute later in the evening: "all that money for a quick knockout!?!??!"
                • Deontay Wilder goes extended rounds with Molina and Duhaupas who both put up fights and closed with a TKO on both: "borrrrriing, took him too long, he's not ready!!!"
                • Floyd Mayweather showcases boxing defensive mastery against opponents and makes them look inferior against him: "all he does is run/hug, boring, retire already!!!"
                • Floyd Mayweather cleanly outboxes Manny and clinches 18 times: "all he's doing is holding/Manny wasn't ready/his shoulder doe". Wladimir CLINCHko holds nearly 140 times in the Povetkin fight - including 11 SECONDS INTO THE FIRST ROUND - and people call him one of the greats.
                • GGG goes past 4 rounds with Murray, Monroe and now Lemieux: "what a BS stoppage/I want my money back/boring/we paid for that??/mismatch/all he's fighting is tomato cans"
                • Tim Bradley outboxes Jessie Vargas for 12 rounds, gets caught with one shot: "Bradley's done, he needs to retire/what a terrible fight/ref screwed Vargas"

There's just NOTHING that will please people anymore unless we end up with a row of Abdusalamovs.

Now watch Cotto/Canelo be a boxing clinic with no knockouts and no knockdowns and people will call it boring. Watch.

Comment

• I agree...

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I have mentioned that several times. Extremely talented fighter and would be favourite against GGG.

Just not as relevant as he thinks he is.

I totally agree. He needs to stop acting like Floyd and just fight. Now you see how Floyd has influenced other fighters to act like "divas". Ward is a great fighter who shouldn't even be involved with the antics and what not. Just fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X