Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fenech: Tupou Will Shock Joseph Parker and The World!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I want to like Parker but that looked like a dive.

The punch didn't appear anywhere near hard enough to cause that effect on Tupou, not to the point that he would be knocked out cold.
    If a better quality upload ever comes along you'll see it was a good shot to the temple. Hard to see on the current vid. Tupou does not have a good chin either

Definitely not a dive.

Comment

Or Not!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I want to like Parker but that looked like a dive.

The punch didn't appear anywhere near hard enough to cause that effect on Tupou, not to the point that he would be knocked out cold.
        I was ringside at the fight and there was genuine concern for Tupou after the fight. The guy looked beyond sick.

I've seen guys take a dive before, but give them 10 seconds after the 10 count and they are up and fine or some will even try and do a little play acting afterward. However no way was this the case from Tupou's body language, he was not play acting.

He got dropped on the the same side my seat was on and I was able to get a good look into his eyes, they had that glazed vacant look you get when you have been knocked the **** out.

I agree the punch didn't look much but I can tell you the effect was 100% real.

Comment

It's hard to see how cleanly the punch connected in the video I watched, though it should be noted that Parker hits like a killer and Tupou doesn't have the best punch resistance. Sometimes those little clipping shots to the top of the head can spark you clean out. Wlad did the same to Chambers, and I remember Jermain Taylor doing it to someone early in his career. I can understand people saying it might have been a dive, but I just think we're witnessing the birth of the next big talent in the heavyweight division.

Parker's going to clean house if he continues to develop as he's doing. The kid has major, major potential.

Comment

Working...
          X