Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael reported that Broner-Provodnikov is in negotiations. Who wins it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Haymon is throwing his ass in the furnace.

Comment

Interesting opinions so far, considering so many Broner/slick d1ckriders labeled Ruslan as nothing but a come forward brawler with no skill. Reading that first page was like the twilight zone in print.

Anyways, good fight. I think it'll be competitive, edge to Prov, but honestly, after Matthysse I think a lesser come-back fight would be more ideal for Ruslan. Still, exciting fight to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Moop View Post
        From Chino to Porter to Provo.

It's official, Haymon is trying to merk AB.
        Maidana was a big underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
          Steve ( Hartford ) [via mobile]

What's next up for Broner?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:12 PM)

I have heard that there is a possibility of a Novemberish fight with Provodnikov, who I am told is in discussions for a deal at Showtime. It's possible that fight could kick off a deal if a deal is made. We'll see.
          Oh nevermind then. Thought it was more of a possibility then that. That doesn't sound too promising to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Wow this is real?

OMG I'm loving boxing this year.

Night night, AB.
            AB (Alpha Bum) is gonna get ragged by Ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              LOL at giving Broner credit for fighting anyone. Bull****. If this fight happens, it is because Haymon is done with Broner's bull****, not because Broner's going around demanding the best.

Let's not forget that Broner/Porter was at a ridiculous catchweight. Don't act like he was all about fighting the best there.
              I am as disgusted with Broner as anyone but the CW with Porter doesn't change the fact he fought him. Broner has called out Manny, didn't shy away from fighting Danny Garcia.

Broner's issue has never been wanting to fight quality opponents, its been how he has conducted himself out of the ring and his failure to take his craft seriously..

Comment

Bad style match up Broner but credit to him and PBC if this fight goes through....Thanks Al

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                  Yeah AB isn't very good either but he has the tools to win this fight. For example I don't think he had the tools to beat Porter even at his best, but if he uses his feet in this fight, he'll win. Prov hasn't got quick feet like Porter, he's slow and very robotic.

It's a big if though, can he consistently use his feet for 12 rounds? Well he better cos if he loses this one his career is going to take 2-3 years to rebuild.

well thats another thing broners footwork aint all that...average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I am as disgusted with Broner as anyone but the CW with Porter doesn't change the fact he fought him. Broner has called out Manny, didn't shy away from fighting Danny Garcia.

Broner's issue has never been wanting to fight quality opponents, its been how he has conducted himself out of the ring and his failure to take his craft seriously..
                    Broner is going to evolve himself into a journeyman/gatekeeper like Berto if he isn't careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Broner is going to evolve himself into a journeyman/gatekeeper like Berto if he isn't careful.
                      He'll be worse than that if he doesn't take his craft seriously. he doesn't shy away from tough fights, he just doesn't prepare for them properly. IMO there is a big difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X