Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's The Best Fighter On Lennox Lewis' Record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's The Best Fighter On Lennox Lewis' Record?

Lewis has a record packed to the brim full of quality fighters, his record most probably won't be matched again in the heavyweight division. This is one of the reasons Al Bernstein calls Lewis the best heavyweight of all time.

But which of the fighters that Lewis beat would you consider the best of the bunch? Who is the best fighter on Lewis' record?

Evander Holyfield
    Mike Tyson
    Ray Mercer
    Oliver McCall
    Henry Akinwande
    Vitali Klitschko
    Tommy Morrison
    Frank Bruno
    David Tua
    Donovan Ruddock
    Gary Mason
    Andrew Golota
    Frans Botha
    Michael Grant
    Hasim Rahman
    Shannon Briggs (lets go champ)
    Tony Tucker
    and many more..

If you consider when he fought those guys, I'd say Rahman. Holyfield, Klitschko are runners up. Not much credit from me for super washed up Tyson.

Comment

It has to be Vitali - who was young, fearless and at the top of his physical abilities (and Lewis on the decline) and who went on to rule after his loss to Lewis.

Holyfield is a better overall fighter than Vitali, but he wasn't at the top of his form and was declining.

Holyfield might be the best fighter Lewis faced, but Vitali is certainly his biggest win.

Comment

vitali klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          vitali klitschko
          This....And that was one of the most exciting scraps Lennox has been in since Mercer and Rahman.

Comment

As far as best fighter at time id prolly say vitali. But even then I don't think vitali had reached his full peak just yet. But considering Lewis was at the end of his career and still the best it was a very quality win. I just wish there had been a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Lewis has a record packed to the brim full of quality fighters, his record most probably won't be matched again in the heavyweight division. This is one of the reasons Al Bernstein calls Lewis the best heavyweight of all time.

But which of the fighters that Lewis beat would you consider the best of the bunch? Who is the best fighter on Lewis' record?

Evander Holyfield
              Mike Tyson
              Ray Mercer
              Oliver McCall
              Henry Akinwande
              Vitali Klitschko
              Tommy Morrison
              Frank Bruno
              David Tua
              Donovan Ruddock
              Gary Mason
              Andrew Golota
              Frans Botha
              Michael Grant
              Hasim Rahman
              Shannon Briggs (lets go champ)
              Tony Tucker
              and many more..

man i miss THAT heavyweight era

Comment

Vitali Klitschko because Lewis knew he got lucky in that fight the eye injury didn't tell the true story and look at the dominance Vitali sustained when he never picked up injuries in his career.
                Next would be Ray Mercer a man I personally believe who beat Lewis and someone who Lewis said was his hardest fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  man i miss THAT heavyweight era
                  And people thought that was a weak era smh.

I would say Vitali, Mercer, Holyfield and Golota at the time he fought him too.

Comment

Vitali and Evander. Totally shutting out tua was impressive as well, tua was very highly regarded at the time and Lewis made him look silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X