5 Names in Line for Kell Brook in October - Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    Tell me more
    No I'll get back to people who can actually discuss the topic or talk boxing.

I'll let you get back to your knitting circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavyfist
      I wouldn't be surprised if a group of vigillantes killed Peterson. They should, I think.
      Holy ****!!!!

Are all Khantards this extremist? Are you going to threaten to kill Brook if he beats Khan or kill me for talking bad about him?

Damn, guys. Calm down!
      Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-31-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        No I'll get back to people who can actually discuss the topic or talk boxing.

I'll let you get back to your knitting circle.
        Unlike yourself, say hi to your mum for me

Comment

• Looks like Box-Office has reigned in the troops for a re-think of strategy after that massacre they just suffered

Meantime, does anyone actually have any thoughts on Brook's next opponent?

Realistic options seem to be - Chaves, Alexander, Provodnikov, Algieri, Guerrero.

Bradley and Sadam Ali are both in the top 10 but fighting each other. Thurman and Garcia won't be coming to the UK.

What is the situation with Marcos Maidana?

Comment

• I think he'll get Algieri, Chaves isn't a big name so that wouldn't work for than Khan fight they are desperate for.

Would love to see a Maidana or Bradley fight

Comment

Looks like Box-Office has reigned in the troops for a re-think of strategy after that massacre they just suffered

Realistic options seem to be - Chaves, Alexander, Provodnikov, Algieri, Guerrero.

Bradley and Sadam Ali are both in the top 10 but fighting each other. Thurman and Garcia won't be coming to the UK.

Just judging by age, success and what his weight was recently, it is hard to see Maidana making 147 again. Even if he can pull that feat off he ain't doing it in short order.

The realistic options are a bunch of middling 147 pounders, but are reasonable scalps for Brook and a step up over his recent fights really.

Comment

Looks like Box-Office has reigned in the troops for a re-think of strategy after that massacre they just suffered

It's hard to see Alexander, Guerrero, ALgieri coming to the UK for anything under 500k minimum, Hearn can simply not give them that much imo. None of those fights are ppv worthy either. Provodnikov is a 140lber, Chaves is the only one they can bring over and pay peanuts and its not a very good fight, he's lost a few, got a gift vs Bradley for a draw and is a very dirty fighter that may likely get DQ'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by talz View Post
                  It's hard to see Alexander, Guerrero, ALgieri coming to the UK for anything under 500k minimum, Hearn can simply not give them that much imo. None of those fights are ppv worthy either. Provodnikov is a 140lber, Chaves is the only one they can bring over and pay peanuts and its not a very good fight, he's lost a few, got a gift vs Bradley for a draw and is a very dirty fighter that may likely get DQ'd.
                  Hearn already offered Rios a seven figure payday so I don't think he'll have a problem bringing anyone over. It's not like Team Khan who tried to bring guys over for 200k.

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                  I think he'll get Algieri, Chaves isn't a big name so that wouldn't work for than Khan fight they are desperate for.

Would love to see a Maidana or Bradley fight
                  I don't know. Algieri has two defeats in a row on his record, you would think he'd want to get a win under his belt but I suppose world title shots are hard to pass up.

It would be a direct shot at Khan if Brook was able to do a job on him considering Khan could have easily lost that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Just judging by age, success and what his weight was recently, it is hard to see Maidana making 147 again. Even if he can pull that feat off he ain't doing it in short order.

The realistic options are a bunch of middling 147 pounders, but are reasonable scalps for Brook and a step up over his recent fights really.
                    Maidana will also be too expensive to bring over considering the money he's earned from his last three fights. He's in the Garcia/Thurman/Bradley earning bracket you would think.

That plus the weight as you mentioned.

Comment

• This thread is great

Comment

Working...
                      X