No announcement yet.

Star Boxing & Banner Boxing Suing RNS in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    You said in a previous post that they have only had two cards. And they were showcases for their most expensive talent. Whatever you think of Haymon, Arum, De La Hoya, etc., at least they are able to keep their fighters active.

Also if Andrade were really a free agent, this wouldn't be an issue. That is why it is called poaching. Roc Nation is having a hard time getting their promotion together.
    How are you supposed to keep fighters active when their first signing was Andre Ward and then Cotto? They are just getting into the business of promotion, they already have name recognition. To bring relevance in boxing they needed big names and they did just that. In that time they nearly got GGG vs Ward and Cotto vs Canelo is done but... they suck.

And you're doing this while praising Haymon simply because "they keep guys?" I'd take RocNation buying up talent and matching them then Al Haymon keeping them all and then putting them up against the Collazo's of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      How are you supposed to keep fighters active when their first signing was Andre Ward and then Cotto? They are just getting into the business of promotion, they already have name recognition. To bring relevance in boxing they needed big names and they did just that. In that time they nearly got GGG vs Ward and Cotto vs Canelo is done but... they suck.

And you're doing this while praising Haymon simply because "they keep guys?" I'd take RocNation buying up talent and matching them then Al Haymon keeping them all and then putting them up against the Collazo's of the world.
      To run fight cards you need more than two stars. You need a stable of fighters to run a show. They are doing everything backwards.

Almost getting a fight done and being a co-promoter in a matchup conceived before they signed Cotto isn't that big of a deal. And it seems funny that you refer to the "Collazo's of the world" when the two opponents for their two meager cards were Paul "Losing Streak" Smith and a dried up Daniel Geale. I don't like Haymon at all, but at least he already had the horse before he opened up a race track.

Comment

All Andrade wants to do is run his dumb ****ing mouth anyways.
        Go be a commentator

Comment

**** it. I want to sue somebody too.

Comment

This reminds me of when Boo Boo turned down the Korobov fight because they weren't offering him the Peter Quillin money.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              **** it. I want to sue somebody too.
              Who ain't been sued yet, K2? Get their ass!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                To run fight cards you need more than two stars. You need a stable of fighters to run a show. They are doing everything backwards.

Almost getting a fight done and being a co-promoter in a matchup conceived before they signed Cotto isn't that big of a deal. And it seems funny that you refer to the "Collazo's of the world" when the two opponents for their two meager cards were Paul "Losing Streak" Smith and a dried up Daniel Geale. I don't like Haymon at all, but at least he already had the horse before he opened up a race track.
                You're really ****ting on Geale? Top 10 MW still and that's a **** match up? As stated I think he was GGG's best win, a good B class fighter. Andre hadn't fought in nearly 2 years, a soft touch was expected. Let's hate a new company because they aren't growing fast enough? That's a new one.
                Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 07-30-2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Andrade deserves this. Star and Banner invested a lot of money in him when nobody would and he wasted it all away on a verbal promise
                  Completely incorrect. Andrade was an Olympian. He had a multitude of options when he turned pro and chose Star.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    I hate al haymon. somehow, someway I'll find a reason to blame him
                    This shiz made me LOL!!!

Comment

So now Andrade is gonna stay out even longer. Cannot believe how his career is playing out.

Comment

Working...
                      X