No announcement yet.

All signs point to Khan vs Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All signs point to Khan vs Guerrero

We all know Khan isn't going to fight Brook, Thurman, Bradley or Porter next. Mayweather and Pacquiao aren't going to happen. Khan's never been someone to give rematches so Peterson and Garcia are out. Who does this leave that has a trace of credibility?

Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero

Ghost will appeal to Khan for 3 simple reasons.

1. Not a big puncher.

2. Former Mayweather opponent.

3. Beat Berto

So here we have it. The Ghost will be his next opponent. In Khan's delusional head he has a chance to one up Mayweather by beating Guerrero more thoroughly, if that's even possible, and can also claim that his current opponent is better than Mayweather's on the ground of Guerrero beating Berto.

Guerrero is a tall pressure fighter. Khan struggles with pressure fighters and against guys who can match his physical dimensions.

It could end up being another cherry pick gone wrong.

Comment

Good points, I agree, Guerrero makes sense.

I actually don't like Guerrero, but his last two fights he's been on some real tough guy brawler ish, and I've enjoyed that style from him a lot. He also has a nice work rate unlike these lazy mother ****ers with there 30 punch rnds.

Kahn with all his talent and ability and improvement, is still the same guy who get tagged and go down any second of a fight vs anyone.

Comment

I think he should rematch Algieri - prove he can dominate him.

Comment

Wut. I came in expecting a source. This is a terrible fight he's tailor made for khan

Comment

I'm waiting for Con to have that big statement win at 147.

It's kinda bugging me now that no welterweight out there is standing out from the pack. Is this what we have to look forward to when manny and Floyd go?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Guerrero is a tall pressure fighter. Khan struggles with pressure fighters and against guys who can match his physical dimensions.

It could end up being another cherry pick gone wrong.
              So I presume you'll give Khan props if he takes this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I think he should rematch Algieri - prove he can dominate him.
                He hasn't rematched any of his loses let alone close fights.

Also I feel like rematches have been lost with this generation of boxing fans. Fans don't demand rematches the way they use to and either do fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Wut. I came in expecting a source. This is a terrible fight he's tailor made for khan
                  In hindsight I maybe could have chose a different title but if you actually thought Khan was in negotiations with anyone not named Mayweather than that's on you. Mayweather's going to have to officially announce Berto before Khan looks anywhere else.
                  Last edited by pacmanis1; 07-29-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Good points, I agree, Guerrero makes sense.

I actually don't like Guerrero, but his last two fights he's been on some real tough guy brawler ish, and I've enjoyed that style from him a lot. He also has a nice work rate unlike these lazy mother ****ers with there 30 punch rnds.

Kahn with all his talent and ability and improvement, is still the same guy who get tagged and go down any second of a fight vs anyone.
                    I've been a fan of Guerrero ever since he was at fw and while I enjoy his brawler style I feel it's all starting to catch up with him. He's been sliding a lot and while I feel Guerrero be Khan would be an enjoyable fight it's not the kind of fight that put Khan at the top of the division or really answers any questions about him at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X