No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia is growing on me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Garcia is growing on me...

I mean the guy's been the underdog time and time again and he's always defies the odds. He's earned my respect and I think a lot of you are stuck in the contemporary, yes his last few fights have been controversial and appalling (Salka) but the dude's growing on me. I'm confident he'll get back on track and be one of the best guys at 147. He's a big dude and wont have to kill himself to make weight anymore. Plus, he is actually a nice, chilled guy.

This weeknd, he'll be taking on Paulie in an undesirable fight however that is the style he's struggled against so he may be able to answer some questions. Long live the six toed, ******ed, left death punch!

I still believe Matthysse beats him in a rematch though lol

For the record:
    -I had Herrera beating Garcia 8-4
    -I had Peterson winning 8-4 but on second watch I had it 7-5 Garcia, Peterson gave away too many rounds. He was battering Danny late but he left it too late. Peterson's slickness in that fight impressed me but his lack of output cost him a winnable fight. It could have went either way and I wouldn't complain.
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-27-2015, 03:47 PM.

Paulie 'bout to be introduced to the GARSH very soon

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
      I mean the guy's been the underdog time and time again and he's always defies the odds. He's earned my respect and I think a lot of you are stuck in the contemporary, yes his last few fights have been controversial and appalling (Salka) but the dude's growing on me. I'm confident he'll get back on track and be one of the best guys at 147. He's a big dude and wont have to kill himself to make weight anymore. Plus, he is actually a nice, chilled guy.

This weeknd, he'll be taking on Paulie in an undesirable fight however that is the style he's struggled against so he may be able to answer some questions. Long live the six toed, ******ed, left death punch!
      His resume speaks for its self ......why other like ggg have done Jack **** and is in the p4p list of many ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
        His resume speaks for its self ......why other like ggg have done Jack **** and is in the p4p list of many ....
        He was in most peoples P4P list after the Matthysse win however he is rightfully no longer there as he hasn't cemented that place with recent showings. He also had an opportunity to fight Mayweather after the Matthysse win but turned it down. He still has said he doesn't want the Floyd fight

Comment

I've always liked the kid, still remember watching his fight with kendal holt live, I knew he was one to look out for

Comment

Garcia was on a nice streak after he beat Holt, Khan, Judah and Matthysse. Then his stock severly drops after he gets outboxed by Herrera then goes on to fight one of the most pathetic matchups in the history of the sport by taking on Salka. In his next fight he eeked out a questionable decision against Peterson and is now scheduled to take on cotton fists Malignaggi.

If you can avoid his "no look hail mary left hook", Garcia can be easily outboxed. His entire strategy consists of throwing with his opponent and hoping he lands something solid. What I will give him credit for is his heart and determination. He doesnt break down mentally when someone is getting the best of him. He's a tough kid.
            Last edited by Deevel916; 07-27-2015, 01:57 PM.

Comment

He also lost 2/3 fights.

I was a Garcia fan, but not anymore, has nothing to do with him losing either, guy shows no drive to win anymore, makes excuses, and how do you go down in competition after beating Lucas?

Haymon has destroyed an entire generation of fighters, these dudes don't woro to get better anymore because they know he will line up fights that are easy, and even when they lose they'll get the decision.

Danny has gotten worse since mattysse, not better, and that's sad.

Comment

He grew on me, but has since grew off me or w/e the opposite of growing on someone is. I think I picked against him 3 fights in a row & he proved me wrong each time. I was actually fully aboard the 6 toed express by the time the Matthysse fight got made & finally made a correct outcome in a Danny Garcia fight. Thing is he's taking my turnaround on him as a license to fight guys even Angel seemed to have trouble getting up for.

I'm perfectly understanding of fighters taking lesser fights here & there for one reason or another. Sometimes having a light fight is just kind of a low risk payday & sometimes a bigger fight isn't makeable, but you wanna fight. BUT I think Garcia has taken advantage of Haymon's "Name 3 fighters you wanna fight & 3 fighters you can beat" rumored matchmaking approach. Garcia naming amateur rivals & handicapped people or some such **** when that question is getting asked.

Comment

He should be higher on the p4p list than gg and roman no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    He also lost 2/3 fights.

I was a Garcia fan, but not anymore, has nothing to do with him losing either, guy shows no drive to win anymore, makes excuses, and how do you go down in competition after beating Lucas?

Haymon has destroyed an entire generation of fighters, these dudes don't woro to get better anymore because they know he will line up fights that are easy, and even when they lose they'll get the decision.

Danny has gotten worse since mattysse, not better, and that's sad.
                    Yeah you're so right. All those easy fights Garcia had. Khan, Matthysse, Judah, Peterson. Cakewalks courtesy of Haymon.

Please STFU with your tired ass act

Comment

Working...
                    X