Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for Heavyweights to become prime time again in America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take for Heavyweights to become prime time again in America?

Say Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua both become ATG Talents? Will that be enough? Or will the US need a US ATG to match them?

If wilder becomes a legit hof or atg..

The kid has superstar written all over him if he can keep winning...

Comment

It needs KO's, Personality, Looks.

It needs 2Fast

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
        Say Joseph Parker and Anthony Joshua both become ATG Talents? Will that be enough? Or will the US need a US ATG to match them?
        If Wilder beats Povetkin and Ko's the Klit.

Comment

It will take a group of good Heavyweights not just 1 guy. It will take Deontay Wilder, Bryant Jennings, Charles Martin, Gerald Washington, Dominic Breazeale, Andy Ruiz Jr, Keith Tapia even a guy like Cam F. Awesome once he turns pro. If these guys and other Heavyweight Prospects live up to their Potential than when Parker and Joshua, Fury and others start to come over to the US, they will then have some Competition to fight at least and that could be a start for the resurgence of the Heavyweight Division in America. Look at the ratings for Wlad vs Jennings on HBO, so it is still some interest here in America in Heavyweights.

Comment

It needs more talent and athleticism. Not just two overweight lugs seldomly landing blows. Seems like the HWs are not in Tyson Holyfield type shape anymore.

Comment

Beat Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

I think its rough cuz I think most of the best HW talent is in other countries & its more difficult for foreigners to break into the US market & become stars. And Wilder is really the only younger US guy on the table at the elite level. There needs to be some more elite level young America HW's before there can be a resurgence in the US. I do think the HW division can get more interesting if Fury beats Klitschko or at least gives a good account of himself. That will allow for what I foresee as a nice little mashup between Wilder vs Fury vs Joshua over the next few years. But I don't see much depth in America HW's right now.

Comment

Just put then on tv and watch now the ratings go up

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    It needs more talent and athleticism. Not just two overweight lugs seldomly landing blows. Seems like the HWs are not in Tyson Holyfield type shape anymore.
                    Remember the early days of MMA when they looked like two fat, out of shape bouncers fighting each other? That is what the HW division in boxing looks like today. For HWs to regain the position they once held in boxing, that has to change. They need some well spoken and in shape, well trained fighters with style and power. Not slobs or idiots who walk to the ring with a golden mask on their face.

Comment

Working...
                    X