Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you would pay $9.99 a month for a boxing channel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would only if its like the MLB network, analysis live, after the fight, or live fight update interviews, with boxers, not for like classic boxing all day, no way I want live 2015 stuff

Comment

Sign me up. This is what I was originally thinking Haymon would do btw. I think boxing is ripe for innovation & grabbing some new fans over the next couple years if they try to jump more on some of the technology other sports & entertainment en****** are jumping on.

300k customers @ $9.99 a pop = ~$3M/month & ~$36M/year

Triple & change that up @ 1M customers @ $9.99 = ~$10M/month, ~$120M/year

Seems like a moneymaker for someone at some point thats for sure, although I suppose BoxNation already is doing something similar, but I think you'd wanna make it more like WWE's or UFC's service than BoxNation. Throw a huge library of fights, pre & post fight pressers, weigh ins, interviews, etc. Be a one stop shop for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        With Box Nation you just get access to the live channel and some documentary stuff.

I also have the UFC Fight Pass and love it. UFC is a monopoly within that sport so they have the best fights and you have full access to their fight library, but still have to pay for the ppvs which I prefer to go out to watch anyways.
        UFC is not a monopoly. I enjoy watching Belator fights on Spike just as much as watching UFC fights.

Comment

The poll says $9.99 for PBC lol. No thanks. But if I could get basically all my boxing on one channel for $9.99? Yeah I'd be down.

Comment

A Boxing Channel would FAIL because boxing has absolute **** Fans! WWE has more loyal fans than Boxing which is really sad that more people are dedicated to something FAKE than they are something real

So No, No Boxing Channel!

ESPN Classic was basically a Boxing Channel and nobody watched so ESPN got rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              300k customers
              That seems like a high estimate, especially early on.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                A Boxing Channel would FAIL because boxing has absolute **** Fans! WWE has more loyal fans than Boxing which is really sad that more people are dedicated to something FAKE than they are something real

ESPN Classic was basically a Boxing Channel and nobody watched so ESPN got rid of it
                I definitely miss it. Even though they showed Arguello-Pryor nine million times I still miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Lol, so fking true...millions of adults watching actors fight haha...

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I definitely miss it. Even though they showed Arguello-Pryor nine million times I still miss it.
                    I didn't even know ESPN Classic was canceled.

They did use to show a lot of fights...and Cheap Seats re-runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Sort of like the wwe network type deal.
                      Able to access through apps etc...
                      Haymon should really just try to get something like that done because I can't honestly see these networks paying to air these shows after the current deal is up.

I know I'd pay $9.99 A month. that's a small price if we get 2 shows a month or more plus back shows to watch on demand at will. All the 24-7 type stuff etc...

Basically that would do away with the PPV model as well. At least with all his fighters under contract.
                      I know guys have that model overseas right? Box nation and sky? How many subscribers do they have?
                      screw the 24-7 crap. thats for chidren and ******s.

Comment

Working...
                      X