Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between Kovalev and GGG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between Kovalev and GGG...

Kovalev isn't afraid to fight the "slick" style. Sure, there aren't many slicksters in the LHW division but I think it's safe to say that if there were and there was incentive to fight them, Kovalev would. At the very least he's actively trying to fight the top dogs in his division. And he's already stated that he 100% wants Ward when he moves up. Stevenson isn't necessarily slick but there's no doubt in my mind Kovalev wants him too. His manager was the one that messed up that whole ordeal with the bid but that's for another topic.

GGG on the other hand, wants no parts of Andre Ward or Lara. He's afraid of that slick boxing style because he knows how inexistant his defense is. He knows he'll get exposed. If only GGG had the heart and courage of Kovalev....

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
    Kovalev isn't afraid to fight the "slick" style. Sure, there aren't many slicksters in the LHW division but I think it's safe to say that if there were and there was incentive to fight them, Kovalev would. At the very least he's actively trying to fight the top dogs in his division. And he's already stated that he 100% wants Ward when he moves up. Stevenson isn't necessarily slick but there's no doubt in my mind Kovalev wants him too. His manager was the one that messed up that whole ordeal with the bid but that's for another topic.

GGG on the other hand, wants no parts of Andre Ward or Lara. He's afraid of that slick boxing style because he knows how inexistant his defense is. He knows he'll get exposed. If only GGG had the heart and courage of Kovalev....
    And GGG isnt?

Comment

Not to mention that Kovalev already outslicked a master slickster in Hops.

KKK >>>> GGG

Kovalev is easily the more proven fighter, Golovkin is just marketed better.

Comment

kovalev is better but ggg has those adorable cheeks

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          And GGG isnt?
          164lbs doe and I bet whenever it gets used against him for the Canelo/Cotto winner he'll duck that fight at 155lbs... while also trying to do some ***** **** like force a purse bid for 160lbs. GGG wants easy fights and easy fame(or his promoter and team does).
          Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 07-24-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

oh please, the only reason kovavlev has a better resume is that the 175 opponents arent *******. You know It, kovalev knows it, and I know it. Im not seeing kovalev calling out the crusierweights right now do you?

Comment

Hopkins agreed to fight Kovalev. Thats one difference. A few good willing opponents.

Comment

Killa Kov is a man. GGG is being protected like a good boy.

Comment

Hopkins taking a chance and fighting Kovalev is the main difference to me. Before the Hopkins fight people where calling Kovalev out gor not fighting top names because they wouldn't agree to fight him and that he hafn't done anything to deserve a shot. GGG has the potential of getting 3 of the main 4 titles in MW in one year from now. Now had Cotto or Kid Chocolate voluntarily offered GGG a shot before being forced like the former is currently than Kovalev and GGG would both be viewed equally. Heck if Hopkins had never fought Kovalev I'm sure people would be calling him an unskilled fighter who is afraid to step up to the best in his division which the majority of people know isn't the case for either.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                    Hopkins agreed to fight Kovalev. Thats one difference. A few good willing opponents.
                    And Lara, DeGale & Ward haven't shown an interest in fighting GGG? He and his team ran scared.

Comment

Working...
                    X