Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre ward says he's ready and available to fight gennnady golovkin:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward is suppose to be "Scared" of GGG like the fighters at 160 but that has backfired for Abel Sanchez and GGG Trash Talking Fans! Ward is not going to go away nor do I think he should, THEY started ALL of this now Ward wants to Finish It! GGG Fans and Abel Sanchez should have never went after Ward... This feels like Donaire vs Rigondeaux 2.0 in which Donaire fans was just bashing Rigo and once they got into the ring we then seen why Donaire was never in a rush to fight Rigo

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
      Those comments were obviously made in jest and you know it. A quick look at their CVs shows who actually took the risks.

But that's besides the point.

You have to change the subject quick because you know GG and K2 are running scared of Ward.
      Obviously lol. "It was tongue in cheek back then. I was being a bit cheeky and you can take those comments with a pinch of salt. What I will say though is this guy can ****ing punch: he's dangerous and if he can be avoided we'll avoid him. I'll stand by that and I don't give a ****"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        It's not significant enough to say he deserves a larger split.
        I wouldn't say that. It would obviously depend on the split (80-20 is a lot but 55-45 or 60-40 is still a larger/small split).

GGG attracting a few hundred more thousand and selling more tickets should clearly factor in when looking at their best TV and gate fights, especially since Ward's footing in the market is very questionable (bad ratings and gate last fight on BET). We don't even know if Ward is still capable of drawing 1.2-1.3 million viewers.

Comment

What's holding the fight is Golovkin's team saying 164. His team don't want the fight. They're a bunch of frauds.
          Yea he shouldn't get 164. He's just looking for the advantage. But everything about the money points towards GGG more than Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            So if he wants another fight this year, then everything in this thread is pretty useless since it's about Ward being ready for GGG now.
            It seems that way. Even if he is ready, he acknowledged that HBO aren't so it's unlikely to happen in 2015 since they're the ones paying the fighters.

Comment

Ward must have said about 10 times in the video that he's ready for GGG now.

GGG fans going deaf?
              My bad. Didn't watch the video. Just based on what was posted there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                He said at the end about the fight happening next year. He said Golovkin wll probably want another fight in between, and HBO would want another fight, but it sounds more like Ward wants another fight in between himself (which would fit with his original plan of doing 2 tune-ups).

I guess that rules out the fight in 2015.
                Yeah like I said, more Andre Ward double talk. ESPN puts him on the spot and he says he's ready now, tells Golovkin to contact HBO, then slips in 'next year'. In fact they start off asking Ward if he's willing to fight Kovalev and he says he's ready right now. We know Kovalev will be willing and ready to fight Ward this fall/winter, but lets see if we end up with Ward/Periban on BET instead...

Comment

I wouldn't say that. It would obviously depend on the split (80-20 is a lot but 55-45 or 60-40 is still a larger/small split).

GGG attracting a few hundred more thousand and selling more tickets should clearly factor in when looking at their best TV and gate fights, especially since Ward's footing in the market is very questionable (bad ratings and gate last fight on BET). We don't even know if Ward is still capable of drawing 1.2-1.3 million viewers.
                  It really doesn't. I'd understand if Golovkin was packing out massive venues but like I said, his first show out of the kiddie room at MSG and it completely bombed.

He's selling out lesser venues with cheaper tickets. He's not a massive draw that his team try to make out that he is.

These are 2 non-PPV fighters. One who might sell a few more tickets but has a poor resume and career compared to the other. That makes it 50-50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Yeah like I said, more Andre Ward double talk. ESPN puts him on the spot and he says he's ready now, tells Golovkin to contact HBO, then slips in 'next year'. In fact they start off asking Ward if he's willing to fight Kovalev and he says he's ready right now. We know Kovalev will be willing and ready to fight Ward this fall/winter, but lets see if we end up with Ward/Periban on BET instead...
                    Well wouldn't make sense to fight Kovalev then GGG. Hard to move up in weight then move down again. If he fights Kovalev at 175, then that's pretty much no GGG fight at 164-168 most likely.

Comment

Not really. If they are fine with said 50/50, then no issue.
                      If 50/50 split is fair then why does the Diva need a 164lb catch weight?

Team Bum-love-kin didn't need a catch weight for Froch or Baby Chavez. Why do they need one for Ward?

Comment

Working...
                      X