No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: As a Fan I Have To See Lomachenko-Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: As a Fan I Have To See Lomachenko-Rigondeaux

There has been a lot of talk recently regarding a showdown between WBO featherweight titlist Vasyl Lomachenko and WBA/WBO junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux. And Bob Arum, who promotes Lomachenko, believes it is a possibility.

"I think if we got to Dubai, they would love that fight," said the Chairman of Top Rank, which is in the process of negotiating a fight card over there on November 21st.
    [Click Here To Read More]

then why didn't you just make the fight when Rigo was signed to TR?

Comment

Ya I really want to see this fight, the two most dominating Olympians ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I don't get Arum at all

Comment

When did his contract with TR end? Was Lomachenko even pro yet?

Comment

As a fan!!!! Come on, Arum you know you would sh** yourself if this happens... Arum may just hate himself for the remainder of his life if Rigondeaux would kill another one of his cash cows. Arum would probably suffer from PTRD, Post Tramatic Rigondeaux Disorder,

Comment

Lomachenko signed with TR under the condition that he would get a 126 world title shot in his second fight. Rigo was not in the picture. By the time he beat Garry Russel, Rigo's contract was up.

And Rigo vs Lomo was something Arum has been talking about for a while now.

Comment

Still had a pop at Rigondeaux at the end there, lol.

I don't think people find Rigo as boring as he makes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  When did his contract with TR end? Was Lomachenko even pro yet?
                  Rigo/Agbeko was 12/7/13. Arum let him go after that if I am not mistaken. Loma 1st fight was like Oct 2013. He then fought Salido in March 2014.

Arum generally plans fights well in advance so it would just make sense to keep Rigo on board until you can make the Loma fight.

edit: see dr sleepless post. Seems like there was some overlap.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-20-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Steve Kim article with Arum taking a jab at Rigo at the end. I wonder what his question was to trigger that response. Maybe something along the lines of "Fans have found Rigo boring, are you afraid that there wouldn't be interest in this fight" or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X