Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Dropped Twice, Battles To Decision Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frampton showing us again why he is the undisputed man at 122 pounds. Just a brilliant display of boxing ability shown by Mini Algieri.

Comment

Only real fight is Quigg or a faded Donaire...too bad $ getting in the way of the obvious choice..

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        such bullshlt when you guys say this. So if your daddy trained ward he'd make it to a number 2 pfp? He made it that far because of virgil. Not 100% virgil but he has a.ot to do with the skills ward has smh
        No because my father wasn't a boxing trainer. I'm not saying hunter isn't a trainer but i'm saying he's overrated as a trainer. I'm saying a guy like Ward would have been a success under any decent boxing trainer, not any man on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
          Mate it isn't rubbish. Styles makes fights and Rigo is all wrong for Frampton. Frampton crying about body punches well good luck taking Rigondeaux vicious body shots hahah

Rigondeaux is all wrong for Walters that's just how boxing works mate. Just because Frampton gets destroyed by the real jackal don't get your knickers riled up.
          Rigo beats him and everyone else at 122, no doubt about that. He's the best around.

What's rubbish is the 'KO waiting to happen'. Frampton tried to come out too quick to impress on that American stage and paid a price, but the remainder of his career and the remainder of that fight showed otherwise.

He complained about getting hit way below the belt multiple times, that's not body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Frampton clearly won and those knockdown shots didn't seem to really hurt him one bit. Gonzalez did the best he could and probably earned himself a lot of decent paydays going forward.
            Punch Gonzalez landed in the 9th seemed to bother Frampton. Entertaining fight, good for PBC. They need to get more British fighters on, nearly all the best fights have involved UK guys.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LLPARK3R View Post
              Only real fight is Quigg or a faded Donaire...too bad $ getting in the way of the obvious choice..
              I wouldn't mind a Donaire fight now he's dropped back down in weight. He might be faded but Frampton isn't difficult to land shots on and Donaire still carries a hell of a punch at least.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Frampton clearly won and those knockdown shots didn't seem to really hurt him one bit. Gonzalez did the best he could and probably earned himself a lot of decent paydays going forward.
                Agree with pretty much your whole post.

I think the second kd was solid, but as you said, he shook it off pretty well, and controlled the fight through out.

Comment

Gonzalez hit Frampton clean and should of been called a knockdown but was called a low blow after that he didn't want to the body anymore. Some shots were low blows but let's not act like Gonzalez was Andrew Golota in there.

Salty ass fans. When Frampton beat Chris "security guard" Avalos he was labeled at top 5 P4P in here now after he struggled against a gimme and got exposed by a slow counterpuncher you get mad at me???

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Rigo beats him and everyone else at 122, no doubt about that. He's the best around.

What's rubbish is the 'KO waiting to happen'. Frampton tried to come out too quick to impress on that American stage and paid a price, but the remainder of his career and the remainder of that fight showed otherwise.

He complained about getting hit way below the belt multiple times, that's not body shots.
                    I wouldn't say no doubt, Rigondeaux has a glass chin. If Frampton puts him down he has the fast offensive footwork and good sharp punching to finish him.

Rigo obviously favorite though.

Comment

maybe frampton just watched price-tepar in the dressing room. that would explain the first round.

Comment

Working...
                      X