Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum is Furious With Referee in Cuenca-Yang Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob's just mad he can't find a Chinese superstar to cater to the Chinese fans in China, first Zou, now Yang lol ref did a decent job in my opinion.

Comment

F..k bob arum , he doesn't own boxing any more , old fart has to put up with this . It's a new world order .

Comment

i dont like that ref either, hes ****ing annoying lol. but its not like he effected the fight.

top rank should put Cuenca #49 on Sept 11, day before Floyds. that would be funny.

The Real Best Ever, Cesar The Great

Comment

lol I like that referee, he's clear with his instructions. I didn't see a major problem with the deduction.

The first k/d was good too, the ropes kept him up. If he was more officious he could've awarded another k/d later in the fight as Yang was again held up by the ropes again at one point.

The fight wasn't close though, Yang got schooled.

Arum is saying the guy has only been reffing 6 rounders but I watched him before, and his record shows he has reffed multiple 12 round fights.

Comment

Furious about what? cuenca boxed the crap out of IK.

Comment

Arum i am a fan of your work, but shut the **** up. Get a better matchmaker. You have tried to attempt 2 cherry picks which have blown up in your face with Yang and Shiming.

Comment

I personally thought the referee did a really good job, he maybe laboured his instructions a little bit but overall he handled it very well.

Comment

looks like arum will never marketing in china again hahaha go to pluto bob and floydie you two are not belong in this earth!

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate View Post
                    Arum i am a fan of your work, but shut the **** up. Get a better matchmaker. You have tried to attempt 2 cherry picks which have blown up in your face with Yang and Shiming.
                    Cuenca was not a cherry-pick. IBF sanctioned the bout for the vacant belt after Peterson got stripped, and Yang/Cuenca were the highest ranked. Ruenroeng was not a cherry-pick because he was the IBF titlist and a legit top 10 flyweight. Yang and Shiming just lost to better fighters, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Cuenca was not a cherry-pick. IBF sanctioned the bout for the vacant belt after Peterson got stripped, and Yang/Cuenca were the highest ranked. Ruenroeng was not a cherry-pick because he was the IBF titlist and a legit top 10 flyweight. Yang and Shiming just lost to better fighters, plain and simple.
                      You misinterpreted my comment. I was not calling them cherry picks. Bob Arum's plan has blown up in his face as both Cuenca and Ruenroeng were massive underdogs and not exactly the cream of the division which Yang and Shiming were suppose to look a million dollars against where in reality they both underperformed badly and got embarrased. I don't even know why they are paying Freddie Roach massive money for training Shiming and Yang when they go into the ring they look clueless.
                      Last edited by chocolate; 07-19-2015, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X