Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey garcia gives details of top rank legal battle: "they didn't offer any fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    ummm... chavez jr. made money.

that crap hurt pac or bradley?
    Bradley is an odd situation; proven fighter who can't seemingly draw anywhere seemed to flatly have decided to take the biggest guarantee contract that Arum would give him, and ride out the rest of his career plugging away against whomever Top Rank puts him in, competition be damned.

And Pacquiao? He's literally banked twice the number of money fights that Mayweather has had, yet has walked away with less than half of the money that Mayweather's been able to generate. Maybe Pacquiao should've asked a couple more questions.

Comment

Argh the Andre Ward legal defence - I'm trying to break free from my promoter whilst legally bound and my promoter still isn't giving me any fights derppppp

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
        How much was Mikey Garcia suppose to get for that fight? I don't remember the details but I do remember he was suppose to fight Gamboa.
        About 1.2-1.5M was the last offer...

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          that's 2.

and those 2 are the exception not the norm.

mikey was making good money.

and those "SIGN EXTENSION AND I'LL GET YOU THIS" is when he would have made even more.

ask bradley and pac.

arum is a businessman he'll pay to keep those he wants to keep.
          Forgot Cotto as well. Cotto kind of did his thing on the quiet though. Has never publicly said anything bad about Arum and company until recently. Cotto shut his mouth, then when his contract was up he went a did a few fights and got his payday against Floyd. Came back to Arum for a fight or two and then signed with Roc Nation. Guess he saw the money was better outside of Top Rank.

The weird one is Tim Bradley. I mean he can't draw but gets real good paydays. And Bob seems happy to just keep paying him. His level of opposition seems to be dropping but he still gets paid.

Comment

Working...
          X