Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better defensive fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Pernell Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the better defensive fighter Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Pernell Whitaker?

Who was better at making their opponent swing @ air Floyd Mayweather Jr or Pernell Whitaker?
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    43.75%
    Pernell Whitaker
    47.22%
    Don't know/Equal
    9.03%

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
      Who was better at making their opponent swing @ air Floyd Mayweather Jr or Pernell Whitaker?
      Which question is it? Defence includes blocking punches.

Comment

I guess ask yourself if Whitaker would absorb 75% of Maidana's punches for the first 6 rounds they fought

Comment

pernell whitaker by a country mile...
          real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

I honestly think it's floyd. Before it was a more even battle and Pernell might have the better wins but floyd has done it for longer and across more weight classes and he's come out with much less wear and tear and without being hurt as much.

Comment

Whitaker has been dropped, Mayweather hasn't.

Comment

Sweet Pea for me...a that is with Floyd being an ATG defender. Pernell was just amazing to watch from a defensive perspective from an athletic standpoint of simply being able to avoid punches from an opponent that was right in front of him, while Floyd's defensive greatness has a bit more to do with his ring intelligence and positioning.

Both are at least top 5 defensive fighters EVER in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dannyl15 View Post
                    Whitaker has been dropped, Mayweather hasn't.
                    All that means is Floyd has a better chin. Its not like Floyd hasn't gotten hit clean too.

Just compare past his best Whitaker vs Prime Oscar, and Prime Floyd vs past his best Oscar.

Floyds defense is great, Pernell's defense is great. Pernell's defense is great in a more entertaining way.
                    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X