Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who you picking Rigo vs Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally Rigo is too fast, elusive and skilled. Lomo although very skilled, in my view no where as skilled as Rigo and no were as quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      Personally Rigo is too fast, elusive and skilled. Lomo although very skilled, in my view no where as skilled as Rigo and no were as quick.
      I wouldn't say Loma is no where as quick... Loma is VERY quick... quicker than the great majority of boxers now... Even Roy Jones Jr(mr quicksilver himself) said Loma was super fast... It's just that Rigo edges him out... Like how Floyd was able to edge out Manny even though Manny is one of the fastest fighters too. Again, this is what makes for a great matchup...two highly skilled, very fast fighters... Rigo a little faster and bigger reach... Loma with the bigger size and more threatening power... The little differences that will makes all the difference, but which way will the pendulum swing

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
        I wouldn't say Loma is no where as quick... Loma is VERY quick... quicker than the great majority of boxers now... Even Roy Jones Jr(mr quicksilver himself) said Loma was super fast... It's just that Rigo edges him out... Like how Floyd was able to edge out Manny even though Manny is one of the fastest fighters too. Again, this is what makes for a great matchup...two highly skilled, very fast fighters... Rigo a little faster and bigger reach... Loma with the bigger size and more threatening power... The little differences that will makes all the difference, but which way will the pendulum swing
        No... Floyd was able to edge out manny because he has a height and reach advantage (and he is still very quick). 72" vs 67" is a very big gap, plus a height advantage of 5'8" vs 5'5". It's not only about speed.

Rigo being quicker (and even then, Lomachenko is not too far behind in that regard) doesn't end it all. However, Rigo has a ridiculous reach (68") vs Lomachenko (65"). The only other difference is that Loma has a 5'7" height advantage over Rigo 5'5", so Rigo has some pretty good advantages normally if Lomachenko was his same size--- which he is not. Lomachenko would have a very tough time against Rigo but he can fight on the inside quite well as a larger fighter.

Comment

I wasn't saying it's ONLY about speed, Floyd's reach was a big factor... But during the HBO commentary of Manny/Floyd, Roy said he noticed a "10mph" difference in speed between Floyd and Manny.

Comment

Well under Rigo's stipulations(catchweight and rehydration weight clause) I would favor RIgo slighty. But in at an honest no catchweight or rehydration clause then im all for Lomo. Lomo has got great skill and his speed is very good. I think Lomo has a good chance to get a KO.

Comment

Rigo by Comfortable UD! I think Lomachenko is a excellent fighter and a guy that could easily be P4P #1 in the world one day but Rigondeaux is next level IMO.

I don't think nobody even at 126 beats Rigondeaux, he is just too smart, too skilled and just overall too good. So hard to even look good against or to even make it look to the judges like you're winning because he is the KING of Dictating The Pace Of The Fight!

Rigondeaux is like that short Kung Fu master on those Karate Movies but a Boxing Version:

He just a clever little guy who knows how to adjust, knows his angles, knows how to keep his distance, knows when to strike and his footwork is amazing.

Comment

It's a tough one to call. I'd go with Rigondeaux though.

Comment

Loma wins 5 rounds but drops rigo once in the fight. Unlike donair and the rest of the fighters rigo has faught Loma wont be a fish out of water or surprised/fased by rigos boxing

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                    Yeah Rigo is 1,000 times better than Loma. Just not enough to move up 4 lbs and fight him.

Comment

I'm picking the fight won't happen, but if it did, with or without a catchweight & with or without a rehydration clause I think Rigo is too much too soon for Loma. If they were to fight a year from now I think there might be a different result & I kinda think that will be the road taken anyways so when the fight does get made sometime in the 2nd half of 2016 or later I'll probably favor Loma.

Comment

Working...
                      X