No announcement yet.

Who you picking Rigo vs Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who you picking Rigo vs Loma?

I know to many casual fans they don't know how insanely talented and skilled both of these guys are. I am going to be so pumped if this gets made. I am going to probably go with Rigo as a slight fav and he comes out with the decision. What are your thoughts?

Lomo. They're fairly equal in skill & speed, but Lomo's alot bigger. This isn't some one dimensional Donaire we're talking and much lesser guys have dropped Rigo.

Comment

Too close to call... but the fans win big time if they can make this fight... it's one those super fights that should be a PPV but since most people don't like boxing, we'll get it on free HBO most likely...Or it might be on a big ppv undercard... but I think it'll probably be a headliner on free HBO... most likely won't get made though.

Comment

Lomachenko stops Rigondeaux

Comment

I have it 60/40 for Rigo so long as he isnt gun shy. If he fights conservatively then its a toss-up. This would be a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Lomo. They're fairly equal in skill & speed, but Lomo's alot bigger. This isn't some one dimensional Donaire we're talking and much lesser guys have dropped Rigo.
            You say that only based on their amateur resumes or based on their pro fights so far?

Because based on professional fights I see from them Rigo has the edge in both category.
            No question, Loma is very skilled and talented but he didn't convince me so far that he is on Rigo's level, and I don't count any amateur resumes.

Comment

Loma stops Rigo by the 10th round. No doubt about it. The overrated Cuban goes out on his sheild, though but it'll ultimately be his demise.

Comment

Rigo might actually have the edge in this fight...in terms of speed and reach... Loma has incredible timing and we saw with the Russel fight how he was able to completely take away Russel's speed advantage... However, Russel had short ass arms and didn't have the skill set of Rigo...

I see this as probably one of the most tactical professional fights to ever air on TV... And in the latter rounds, things are going to get REAL interesting...we might see whoever is down on points starting to take bigger risks... We know when Rigo gets hit flush he comes RIGHT BACK to get revenge....Both of these guys have absolutely tremendous footwork as well.. These two will bring out the best from each other like no other fighter can... and that's what's so intriguing about this match up...

This is a more exciting matchup than Floyd/Manny and no one even knows about it! That's boxing for ya...And unlike Floyd, Rigo will fight back... Rigo doesn't hug his way to victory. And that's another point to celebrate... Neither Rigo or Loma use cheap tactics to win a fight... These guys fight by the book and you can't put the book down..

And imagine if the fight is so close and goes to a controversial decision or draw.... Can you say rematch... could we have a trilogy situation here? Could these guys be each others' kryptonite like Manny and Marquez are to each other...
                Last edited by darius45; 07-14-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I would give Rigo a very slight edge but it's as close to a 50-50 fight as you can get. The skill level in the ring will be through the roof.

Comment

Lomo too big, which is way it never happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X