Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs Floyd Mayweather (12 rounds) - Who Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, I voted for "Floyd by KO" by accident."

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
      Took Floyd 6 years to fight a fliyweight midget.... A fight with Hearns will take about 10 years. So by that time Hearns will be past prime and thats how floyd fight fighters, either he fights "A" level fighetrs past prime or waits for a C level fighter to have 1 great victory, like Ortiz, Guerrero, Maidana, Baldomir etc etc.

TBE doe.
      He probably wouldn't fight the 60 year old Hearns today

Comment

Comment

Depends on when the fight takes place, if prime 147 lbs Hearns fought Floyd Mayweather of now, Hearns wins a decision, but if he fights Mayweather of 2005-2007, I'd have to go with Mayweather, people tend to forget that Mayweather had some very good inside fighting skills and he had the in and out movement to get in and out of range quickly, once u landed serious punches on Hearns he never fought the same, his chin was his weakness, plus he had very little experience going the distance at 147, Hearns outboxed Leonard in the middle rounds of their fight but Leonard is not Mayweather, Mayweather's defense and movement almost forces fighters to come after him, Leonard was always more comfortable fighting going forward than backwards.

Very tough fight to predict, but even though it's a 50-50 fight, Mayweather would've gotten much more credit for winning compared to Hearns cuz this was Hearns' first weight class, 147 is Mayweather's 4th weight class, plus Hearns had a HUGE size, weight and reach advantage, he was huge for Leonard and Leonard is significantly bigger than Mayweather.

Comment

I would say Hearns. I'm usually on Mayweather's side on these type of generation fights, but Hearns would have been a terrible match-up for him. I think he would probably catch Mayweather once or twice early on the way in and it would be an uneventful fight after that with Mayweather not too eager to close the distance. Hearns scores a kd or two on the way to a clear decision.

Comment

Hearns has the style to get it done with his length, reach, and power. But he doesn't have the legs to box with Floyd over the duration of 12 rounds. Floyd is too versatile and I see Floyd taking over the fight late. One thing I know for sure is the All Access would be epic. Hearns is one of a few boxers that can compete with Floyd in the trash talking department.

Comment

you guys accuse Floyd of running now...i cant even imagine the ugly ass game plan Floyd would have in avoiding getting put to sleep by Tommy

Comment

How is this even a thread?

Comment

simply go back and watch Hearns vs Benitez and you'll get your answer

Thomas Hearns only becomes "Hitman" when you set your feet and fight with him. Keep the feet moving and Hearns never gets the chance to set his own feet.

Floyd's longer than Benitez was, so i picture Mayweather-Corralles all over again, without the knockdowns. 8-4/9-3, Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      i picture Mayweather-Corralles all over again,

good lord

Comment

Working...
                      X