Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs Floyd Mayweather (12 rounds) - Who Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
    Floyd shouldn't have to fight Hearns. That era of Welterweight were huge. Mayweather would be in another weight class.

I would like to see fight 2 of the Fab 4 would be Duran and Leonard. Leonard might be too big as well. Only really favor Floyd against Duran because of the size difference would probably be too much to overcome
    True, both Leonard and Hearns started at 147, this was Floyd's 4th weight class, so these were some real welterweights at the time, nowadays most of them moved up from lower weights to get the biggest fights since the biggest names were there, if Dela Hoya and Mosley were 140 pounders at their peak Floyd Mayweather would still be fighting at 140.

With that being said, I wouldn't count Floyd out against anyone even Hearns, just go watch Hearns vs Benitez, Benitez gave Hearns some problems and he was a boxer too, plus Benitez is not in the same league like Floyd Mayweather, so Floyd Mayweather's skills and defense can be problematic for Hearns, the most dangerous thing about Hearns in this fight would be his jab, if Floyd takes it away, he cruises to a UD.
    Last edited by Ahmed_Ismail; 07-11-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

As everyone says, at least almost everyone says, this is Floyd's nightmare matchup. I just don't know how he could get inside on Hearns. Sugar Ray's will to win finally had him go into hunter/killer mode and I don't know if Floyd would/could do that. That said, most everyone underestimates Floyd. In a fantasy fight I wouldn't be totally stunned it Floyd caught Hearns and stuns him.

Just want to point out both are Michiganders too.

Comment

Hearns on points.

Hearns is actually the perfect style to beat mayweather. Mayweather looses rounds to guys with good jabs and he can be outboxed but usually not for long.

Hearns was outboxing SRL, he is one of the best pure boxers of all time, who was more known for his brawling and shaky chin. His speed also gets underrated or rarely talked about, his hands were fast!

I dont see a stoppage though, floyd is too smart. His beard is solid and when he does get hurt, he knows what to do. Even if he gets drop, I expect him to take 7-8 seconds to recover and get up smartly and tie his man up.

Mayweather is one of those guys like Hopkins I dont ever see getting KOed. Hopkins is ****ing insane, hes almost 50 and took on the biggest puncher at light heavy in years and still could not be stopped.

Comment

Hearns beats the brakes off Floyd in dominating fashion. Floyd is really fighting a weight class above where he should be even at this stage. This one isnt even close. I dont think Floyd would fight him anyway.

Comment

hearns by default

floyd would have ducked him

Comment

Hitman would kill Floyd.

Comment

Got to have power to beat Hearns, and get nitty gritty. Not Floyd's game.

Comment

It's just a horrible horrible style matchup for Floyd. I just don't see how he could win this one. Hearns was 6 freaking 1. Leonard was 5'10 so he could work his way in. Floyd is 5'8, he isn't beating Hearns.

Comment

Floyd's just too small. I mean even if he were to survive all 12 rounds, I don't think he could win enough rounds against a big mofo like Hearns

Comment

As a fan of Floyd's talent and skill and someone who actually does believe Floyd could beat several greats of the past, there is no way I could see him beating Hearns. Hearns was too tall, too rangy, and too powerful for Floyd to be able to beat him. The man also had exceptional boxing skill. I could see Floyd going the full 12 because his defense, chin, and stamina will keep him from getting knocked out.

If you pick Floyd to win this matchup you know that you're a Fl0wM0 and not a Floyd fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X