Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs GGG/KOVA - Double Standards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
    No double standards! GGG needs to move up and fight Ward(orDuck)! Then Ward needs to move up for Kov (orDuck)!
    It's easy when you're not a dick rider! I want the best to fight the best period! I don't care who wins, I just know I want Ward vs GGG, &Kovalev! Quit Making excuses!
    Ward's next fight will be a tune up.
    GGG and Kovalev aren't tune ups

Comment

ward is the established #2 p4p and winner of tournaments and many lucious titles and ggg is the winner of........fighting hotwheels collectors?

Comment

The thing is, I just think it would be moronic for either GGG or Ward to go up to the next weight class and fight the best fighter at that weight first. Their promoters would have to be morons to let it happen.

Fight a solid guy first, then fight the best in the division.

Comment

boxing is bidness doe

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            ward is the established #2 p4p and winner of tournaments and many lucious titles and ggg is the winner of........fighting hotwheels collectors?
            Last time i checked GGG was #3 p4p and Ward isn't even ranked. Past times are gone kid.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
              Ward has literally fought 1 fight in the last couple years and it was a complete waste of time fighting a complete bum. Did that fight even draw a TV audience?

Comment

kovalev-ward is the doable fight since ward appears to be moving in that direction anyway

golovkin who drops a whopping 6 lbs to make weight isnt gonna get much bigger in his mid 30s..

people forget he's older than both ward and kovalev because of his baby face and think he's some kid climbing the ranks

Comment

The way i see it both ward and ggg are looking for winnable big money fights vs smaller guys.
                  Pros ward staying 168:easier fights
                  Cons:loses stock for fighting bums in a cleared division.
                  Pros for moving 175: big fights with kovalev stevenson hopkins pascal.
                  Cons:loses Out on ggg fight. Loses his 0

pros for Ggg staying at 160: gives him a shot at cleaning the division. Is within striking distance of a huge money fight between canelo or cotto And on a slim shot floyd.
                  Cons. Wasting his few prime years waiting to get fights That may never happen.
                  Pros for going to 168:beats ward becomes champ. Easier to find fights as he will be the king of the division.
                  Cons. Loses and can no longer make 160 and becomes #2 @168 till ward moves up. Misses out on canelo cotto floyd
                  in my honest opinion ward has more to gain by moving up while ggg has more to gain by staying at 160 plain and simple both are going 2 different directions .

Comment

Ggg trying to get an advantage, he knows ward will be tough to hit. As for ward just playing the waiting game for a big payday. But hes been waiting too long and is probaly the B side against kov ggg and froch. They bring the money he just has to pick his poison.

Comment

Gotta love people calling Golovkin a coward when Andre Ward is the one who turns down fights.
                      • Ward turned down Bute at 168 in Oakland because "he needs to prove himself".
                      • Ward turned down Stevenson (after the Dawson KO) at 168 in Oakland because "he needs to prove himself".
                      • Ward says he'd love to fight Hopkins at 175, Dawson beats Hopkins and Ward brings him down to 168 (rejecting Dawson later request at 170).

Meanwhile:
                      • Pavlik looks like ****, Ward signs to fight him.
                      • Chavez gets butchered by Martinez, Ward says he & Chavez would be a great fight.
                      • Ward says MW Golovkin needs to prove himself so they should fight.

**** Andre Ward. To this day, Ward has yet to make GGG an offer to fight. He's allowed to counter offer K2's inital, lets see if he does or if he chooses to fight someone like Periban instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X