No announcement yet.

Cotto's style could cost him a career ending beating at the hands of Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo??? This canelo??

The one class "D" Cotto's little brother rocked??

This time around he will be finished!!

War Cotto !!!

Comment

Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
      Canelo??? This canelo??

The one class "D" Cotto's little brother rocked??

This time around he will be finished!!

War Cotto !!!
      you must have forgotten canelo was 19yrs old in that fight
      And as far as i remember didnt canelo win that fight..tko......wen canelo beats kneeguel
      He will have beaten two brothers.....

Comment

Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter and he is the better boxer, but lets not act like he's a Mayweather or Lara skilled boxer. I think he will try to box, but can and will eventually get pulled into a war, and that's where he would be in trouble.

It should be a good fight, and I am looking forward to it. Cotto has looked good, but we don't know if it is due to the opposition he has faced.

Lets be honest Delvin was a bum,Martinez was on 1 leg, and Geale looked like he'd been starved coming into that fight.

Canelo def has recently faced the better opposition with the exception of maybe Kirkland.

We shall see but I expect a good fight that could go either way

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          I stopped reading at flat footed. You guys are so quick to try and label fighters because you do not know what you are looking at. Cotto is not and has never been flat footed, in fact I think he has better feet than Canelo. Just because you don't move your feet like Pacquiao or Mayweather doesn't mean you are flat footed. Cotto has good footwork when moving forward or backward, his feet are not what you call 'fast' but he is far from flat footed.
          lol exactly this of course he has better foot work then canelo

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
            Cotto is my 2nd favorite fighter and he is the better boxer, but lets not act like he's a Mayweather or Lara skilled boxer. I think he will try to box, but can and will eventually get pulled into a war, and that's where he would be in trouble.

It should be a good fight, and I am looking forward to it. Cotto has looked good, but we don't know if it is due to the opposition he has faced.

Lets be honest Delvin was a bum,Martinez was on 1 leg, and Geale looked like he'd been starved coming into that fight.

Canelo def has recently faced the better opposition with the exception of maybe Kirkland.

We shall see but I expect a good fight that could go either way

honestly im not so sure i agree with that. i think canelo will also try to box with cotto. even against kirkland he didnt really goto war its just kirkland left himself open and canelo didnt mess up. i honestly think it will be a great battle it will be a chess match with pieces of a brawl with both fighters trying to out box the other

Comment

unless cotto lands big and often early while preserving energy, he is a sitting duck for ****elo's uppercut.........cotto needs something big before canelo gets started, and to not get tired......I wouldn't bet on him, but with Roach, he has a slim chance.

Comment

Cotto gets wrecked in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                  Cinderblocks for Feet. He ain't shufflin... he ain't ready for the agility of Roach's Cotto. That left hook... Ask Martinez about his "knee..." after Cotto tapped that temple in the first round.

Nelo getting TKOd

one minute he was feeling like Chavez, the next minute he is telling the ref, " I was OK!"
                  Canelo's best chance is imposing his size on Cotto and investing in the body early. With that being said, Cotto has one of the best jabs in boxing with uncanny timing so Canelo will have to get in range to impose his will. Great fight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                    I wouldn't call him flat footed, but basically he's being fed to a monster.

Canelo has grown into a beast. There's no way Cotto survives 12 rounds.
                    What monster???? Cotto KO's are far more impressive, idk where u guys get Canelo super power... JAJAJAJ he doesn't have that kind of power like Tito Trinidad, but everybody got their opinion, i cant wait to see how Canelo reacts when he gets hit with a real power puncher in Cotto.

may the best boxer win...

Comment

Intangibles of Canelo and Cotto

Youth vs Experience

Young pup vs old dog

Prime vs past-Prime

good boxer vs great boxer

Comparable power

slow feet vs quicker feet

body snatcher vs body snatcher

speedy punches vs elite timing

I'd say it's 51/49 in Canelo's favor because while he's prime, and I don't think he's better than Cotto at all, the mere fact he has youth in his size gives him slight advantage. If this was prime for prime, no questions asked...

Comment

Working...
                      X