Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has PBC raised boxings popularity so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say no. It could have, but the erratic scheduling, makes it hard to follow. Even myself as someone who tries to watch every fight, have managed to miss fights because they took place at a strange time, strange day, strange channel, etc. If they didn't try and spread the main events out over all the different channels, it could have a bigger impact.

Right now I think they are just trying to squeeze all the other promoters out of the business.

If they were trying to make an impact, they would start by matching their top talent against each other in a playoff format that is familiar to most sports fans, and that made the supersix such a success for shotime.

Instead, we are getting overpaid mismatches that just keep arenas and fighters tied up and squeeze other promoters to over pay their talent to keep them on board.

If it works and they survive all the legal hurdles, and become the only game in town, they can make a lasting difference. I think the current trajectory and the way in which they are practicing business is only going to result in failure, and they will probably bring down the rest of the sport, at least in the USA with them.

Comment

It only serves as an entryway considering PBC is pretty much the Haymon showcase. The viewers would have to do more research and figure out when other fights besides PBC are on.

Just because they tuned into PBC doesn't mean they had any idea Andre Ward fought recently. I'm pretty sure I missed out on 2-4 shows myself because the schedule isn't consistent or the matchup wasn't intriguing enough for me to want to tune in so I'd watch it week(s) later.

Comment

Working...
      X