No announcement yet.

Is Floyd gonna fight in september still? Its already july

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd gonna fight in september still? Its already july

typically we start hearing rumors about negotiations, list of fighters, but this time, nada. we got nothing, and there is only two monthes left till his september date, is he gonna choose an opponent or nah?

Truth be told, unless its like a crazy fight with someone in a completely different weight class, i just cant imagine this fight being successful at all. maybe they are having a hard time picking a valuable opponent because the opponents that are left are not big enough draws at all for a ppv in the welterweight division.

Edit* its fn august now and he still has not announced an opponent lol
    Last edited by Boxing1836; 08-01-2015, 02:16 AM.

He announced Maidana II July 10th, but you're right in that we really aren't hearing any rumors from legit sources.

Comment

Originally posted by canucks9314 View Post
      He announced Maidana II July 10th, but you're right in that we really aren't hearing any rumors from legit sources.
      is there even a maidana like fighter right now? we got brooks, porter, and khan and none of these fighters are big draws in the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
        is there even a maidana like fighter right now? we got brooks, porter, and khan and none of these fighters are big draws in the U.S
        Brook*. A Khan fight would probably be the biggest of the options...i suspect that is who he'll fight

Comment

Hes going for a soft touch in September and retiring, and I believe him.

Hopefully he really retires and Pacquiao follows so we can usher in a new era in the welterweight division. Who is taking over? Spence? Thurman? Crawford? Brook? I cant wait to see the new generation go at it

Comment

he said berto or mayfield already..

Comment

Originally posted by blakey View Post
              he said berto or mayfield already..
              there are soft touches, then there are waste of times, those would be waste of times. i hope he doesn't fight those and i hope he was jokng

Comment

Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                Hes going for a soft touch in September and retiring, and I believe him.

Hopefully he really retires and Pacquiao follows so we can usher in a new era in the welterweight division. Who is taking over? Spence? Thurman? Crawford? Brook? I cant wait to see the new generation go at it
                i think he goes for a soft touch in september then lets the bidding war begin for number 50 should he win. obviously most dont agree but no one could honestly be mad if he did fight an easy fight in september
                Last edited by Cinci Champ; 07-03-2015, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Probably Brook or Khan then either PAC rematch or retiring.
                  For Pacquiao it's either Crawford comeback fight, Bradley 3, or Mayweather rematch. Then I think he'll fight one more time against either of the 2 I mentioned and retire.

Pretty much 2 Top 20 ATG's starting at around the same time and ending at the same time.

Comment

It's gonna be b*tchass Khan, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                    X