No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Not Keen on Top Rank PPV, HBO Return Likely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Not Keen on Top Rank PPV, HBO Return Likely

There is still a lot of work to be done by Top Rank and Zanfer Box in putting together a September 26 independent Pay-Per-View card live from Mexico City. So far, at least one key player will not participate, although both sides suspected it would be the case.

Román Gonzalez was floated as a potential candidate for the show, with Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum angling for the World flyweight champion to face former two-division titlist Brian Viloria. It’s a fight that has been suggested in the past, but one in which Top Rank—or at least Arum—never expressed serious interest until the idea of staging its own PPV show.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So either HBO said they don't like this or Roman really doesn't want to fight in mexico.....which I doubt

Comment

Smart move by Gonzalez. He's been segmented off into obscurity long enough. He needs the exposure on prime-time HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        So either HBO said they don't like this or Roman really doesn't want to fight in mexico.....which I doubt
        hbo doesnt like much of anything these days..there are undefeated champions and contenders near his weight and likely he'll be fighting a washed guy

Comment

Bye bye arum.. You don't run things like you used to.

Bob should get someone else for his Latin Fury/Pinoy Power ppv

Comment

Gonzalez is an HBO fighter now...not surprised he's not interested in this fight card, which will be in Mexico as part of a Mexico-centric PPV that willl likely be in the 5 digits in buys.

Comment

has never unified a title? has he ever been the ring titlist of a division? i'm missing all the hype here..

Comment

I really don't want to see him against another push over. HBO needs to get their **** together

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                  has never unified a title? has he ever been the ring titlist of a division? i'm missing all the hype here..
                  he is the undisputed, undefeated Pound for Pound#2 Ring/Lineal/WBC Champion of the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Id pick HBO over a TR PPV as well tbh. He'll get more exposure with HBO than a gay ass PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X