No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward beats Kovalev and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    I expect Ward to face GGG then Krusher and best both, GGG certainly Krusher too but I expect him to struggle with him. GGG at 168, GGG wouldnt have to drain himself to bully 160 pounders like usual. That said I dont expect GGG to move up until Ward vacates the division.
    Nice try. Also, Monroe, Murray and Rubio all weighed more than GGG on fight night

Comment

I almost forgot. If Ward was to beat both GGG and Kovalev by KO the following would also occur...

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Get the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
        beating ggg does nothing for his legacy at this point in time because who the **** has ggg even fought?

moving up to 175 and beating beating kovalev is legit bad boy material. he should go up now and fight stevenson then kovalev, he can beat both
        I can somewhat agree with that, Skip.

However, I feel that GGG's hype absolutely supersedes his resume. So yea, you have a point. If Ward beats GGG, it'll be GGG was "green" and or he never beat anyone.

I think Ward is obviously seriously considering 175. He needs one more fight at 175 then I'd like to see him against Stevenson and then Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          could have been a good thread but then you ask that ****
          Maybe GOAT status was a bit of hyperbole.

Is All Time Great out of consideration tho? Assuming he beats GGG and KOV.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            People say GGG hasn't fought anyone then somehow beating him contributes to you becoming ATG. Pick a side
            I'm definitely one that said GGG hasn't beaten anyone. But how can you deny the hype? His fans, media and HBO treat him like he's pound for pound #2 or 3 already.

Personally speaking, I'd give Ward more credit for beating Kov than GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              All Ward fans think GGG sucks.

Therefore, beating a smaller guy "who hasn't fought anyone" would NOT improve Ward's legacy.

Yes, IF Ward were to defeat Kovalev at 175, it will improve his status. Just as it would improve my status, or yours, or anyone's. Operative word being "if."
              It's not that I think GGG sucks, it has more to do with the elite level of Andre Ward. Sorry, but the kid is the closest thing to Mayweather. And he has the credentials to somewhat back that claim up.

So no, GGG does not suck imo. He's just not on Ward's level.

Comment

The Question is not IF. The Question should be WHEN Andre Ward beats both GGG and Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ-G View Post
                  Ward vs Kovalev will never happen.
                  How are you so sure?

Neither seems like they'd duck a fight. I think the fight needs to marinate for at least another year.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Beating Froch and Kessler when he did were better wins.

Kessler: Favored to win the whole Super 6, obviously also favored to beat Ward. Favored to beat Froch, which he did, favored to beat Abraham, Taylor, which let's face it, he would have beaten them.

Froch: Probably a HOF SMW in the very least.

Kovalev would be a great win though. GGG, I just want to see Golovkin get beat and look lost.
                    Good points. So beating those two should vault him into All Time Great stratosphere. I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      I almost forgot. If Ward was to beat both GGG and Kovalev by KO the following would also occur...

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Get the point?
                      Ward is not known as a KO Artist, so he would never be expected to do that.

The most expected outcome would be Ward by UD over both.

Comment

Working...
                      X