Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Today's Cotto have beaten El Feroz More Impressively than Tito Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Today's Cotto have beaten El Feroz More Impressively than Tito Did?

Tito vs Fernando was an excellent fight with plenty of "Big Drama Show" and a sensational ending.

Cotto has amazed recently, bringing his power up to 160 lbs. He seems to be reborn under Freddie Roach; it's like he's the new Pacquiao, fighting above his normal weight class and knocking fighters TFO.

I was sitting here watching the Oscar vs Vargas fight and couldn't help but think about how Cotto would've fared against a prime El Feroz.

What you all think?

Not sure Cotto has that kind of Tito power to keep Vargas honest but I could see it going either way.

Comment

Vargas is one of the most overrated, he shoulda gotten the L vs winky and he lost every time hr fought someone good

Comment

No. He would lose to Vargas. He is not as good as Trinidad and he can do the things Trinidad did. He will lose to Canelo by KO. Cotto is a good fighter but Trinidad was a great fighter. He ruined Vargas who was never as good after Trinidad as he was before Trinidad. I think Vargas would have defeated Oscar if he had fought him before he fought Trinidad. Vargas and Mayorga never took a punch as well after they fought Trinidad. I mean no disrespect to Cotto as he has many great wins. This just my opinion on how these fights would go. Nobody knows for sure until they fight.

Comment

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say Cotto can't do the things Trinidad could do.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Sorry for the typo. I meant to say Cotto can't do the things Trinidad could do.
            really? i think tito couldn't do the things cotto can do but tito has sledgehammer like power

Comment

Cotto would whoop him.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                Cotto would whoop him.
                I give Cotto the edge in skill and if Vargas was off the PEDs, I can see Cotto winning too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_T5 View Post
                  really? i think tito couldn't do the things cotto can do but tito has sledgehammer like power
                  actually in my point of view is a mixture of different capabilities for example.

Tito had a good jab so has Cotto
                  But Tito swings with conviction plus he could throw power punches the full 12 rounds.

Cotto has better by far boxing ability but less power and stamina.

Tito's left hook was thunder.

I liked vargas he was a lot like Cotto decent power, good boxing ability .

So in this fantasy fight I see it 50/50. Due to style make fights.

If you asked me Tito vs Margarito. Due to styles a each fighter capability I got Tito by murder in the 5th due to Margies chin.

Comment

Pre-Tito Vargas -the guy that fought Winky and Quartey was determined and confident and willing to get in extended exchanges. I'd love to see that version of Vargas vs Cotto. Not sure who wins but it'd be entertaining. No doubt.

Comment

Working...
                    X