No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the best fighter over 160 easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
    You're talking like Ward has never fought good opposition. Ward is not GGG.
    Ward has not fought a decent opponent since the Super Six tournament and that was 4 years ago. In fact, he has only had three fights since that tournament while Golovkin has been fighting 4 times a year. Let Ward fight someone a bit better than Paul Smith before crowing about how great he is. Smith was one step above Internet Bum Fights.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
      I'm calling it right now. He would easily outpoint Kovalev. He is better than Kovalev in everything other than punching power and maybe chin (?). I don't know how someone can't see this. Ward is faster, more versatile, more accurate, more skillful, has a better inside work, etc... I don't see how Kovalev would beat him other than a lucky punch. This is not a knock on Kovalev he is technically sound and everything... just not as sound as Ward and simply not as good as Ward. Ward is a superior boxer to him, I hope we will all see one day.
      I think Ward would win, but it would shock me if it was easy. Kovalev is smart, and he's too mean to let Ward calmly dictate the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
        Only because he's had the honor of training alongside Amir Khan, I bet after his career is over and Ward is asked what the highlight was, he wont say winning Super 6, he'll say being blessed enough to be able to train with Khan.

Comment

Kovalev kicks his ass up and down the ring. Ward and his fans know it. It wouldn't be close.

The best fighter above 160? LOL, dumb asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            Kovalev kicks his ass up and down the ring. Ward and his fans know it. It wouldn't be close.

The best fighter above 160? LOL, dumb asses.

oddsmakers in vegas would absolutely beg to differ, partcuarly if ward tunes up against a solid 175 lber at the full limit.

ward's style is well suited for moving up in weight. he's got a good chin, and he knows how to win rounds when he's not beating a guy to a pulp.

he was at 178 in the olympics, and he beat some of the guys who beat kovalev. as far as i can see, the two didn't fight themselves.

you're foolish if you think the fight's a mismatch. it's one of the very best fights in boxing.

and finally, andre ward has no fans
            amiright?

Comment

you're probably right. ward may be the best p4p fighter on the planet right now. i haven't seen nearly enough in the past year to say for certain.

however, a win over paul smith doesn't make me put him ahead of kovalev and klitschko, two active, dominant fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
                You already mentioned 2 guys who have done more in the last 2 years than Ward. Now let's include Wlad, who is better than Ward skill wise, power wise and accomplishment wise and Ward may be the 4th best fighter north of 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Ward has not fought a decent opponent since the Super Six tournament and that was 4 years ago. In fact, he has only had three fights since that tournament while Golovkin has been fighting 4 times a year. Let Ward fight someone a bit better than Paul Smith before crowing about how great he is. Smith was one step above Internet Bum Fights.

if that's the case, then froch is all but retired himself. he's fought nobody not named groves in the past calendar year. if you go back further, you have a blind, all but retired kessler. kessler was once a good fighter, but he looked his age in the second froch fight. then you have the great yusaf mack! and at 168 lbs, no less, where he was a zombie!

dawson at 168 is a better fight than mack at 168. unless you're a moron / froch fan.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    oddsmakers in vegas would absolutely beg to differ, partcuarly if ward tunes up against a solid 175 lber at the full limit.

ward's style is well suited for moving up in weight. he's got a good chin, and he knows how to win rounds when he's not beating a guy to a pulp.

he was at 178 in the olympics, and he beat some of the guys who beat kovalev. as far as i can see, the two didn't fight themselves.

you're foolish if you think the fight's a mismatch. it's one of the very best fights in boxing.

and finally, andre ward has no fans
                    amiright?
                    I would say that the odds makers in Vegas would be smart enough to wait to see the result of Ward fighting a solid 175 pounder before making any predictions one way or the other. They don't base their odds on which fighter's @ss they are licking or not.

How about Ward fights Beterbiev as a tune up?

And by the way... I have NEVER seen Ward beat anyone to a pulp. Not even Shelby Pudwill or Poo Bear Buchanan. He did do his best to head butt Kessler to a pulp, however.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I think Ward would win, but it would shock me if it was easy. Kovalev is smart, and he's too mean to let Ward calmly dictate the fight.
                      I don't see in Kovalev the ability to adapt so I think if one night he will be outboxed he will be outboxed all night not just in 7 rounds or so. Maybe he would win a few rounds with ineffective aggression and work rate but I doubt that he would win more than 2-3 rounds. It's not because he is that bad but because Ward makes fighters ordinary a little like Mayweather or Rigondeaux. On a different way though.
                      No fighter is flawless but the nearest things to that are Mayweather and Ward right now in this sport.
                      Last edited by HEND; 06-24-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X