Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBF gives green light to Golovkin vs Lemieux Unification NEXT !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEND View Post
    Just because you don't see them running around and yelling GGG's, Kovalev's, Degale's or whoever's name doesn't mean that they won't offer them these fights. I think Golovkin won't fight Ward now, because he waits his shot at the Canelo vs Cotto winner where he has better chances than against Ward and I assume RN knows that too so I think if they will fight that will be just in next year on the fall-winter...
    Degale also won't fight Ward yet because Hearn at the moment is aiming for a Degale vs Groves fight, yet we have to see if Groves beats Jack or not, if no then there's a chance to a Degale vs Ward fight but till we find it out that's a no go for Hearn.
    And with Hunter said that Ward stays at 168 at the moment I think his options are the winner of Abraham vs Stieglitz, Chudinov and Gilberto Ramirez. I mean just for his next fight.
    Sure but why all this posturing by Ward if everyone knows its not viable? Its disingenuous, esp with him saying no to Hbo when they asked. I suppose whatever it takes to raise his profile

Comment

Yet another example of why boxing is suffocating.

A month ago Lemi was talking that "I want Golovkin" "I would fight Golovkin" and now all of a sudden his promoter is talking about it can't happen until yada yada yada, he's going to take a break with his family, mandatory first then next year yada yada yada.

And it really gets under my skin. Where's the truth at with these people? Golovkin Vs Lemi in a middleweight unification this November around the same time we hope Cotto fights Canelo is literally perfect. Forget Lara and Bradley, guys calling GGG out with no real intention of fighting, and make this fight happen. The IBF said go do it so make it happen.

Winner of Cotto Canelo Vs winner of GGG Lemi.
      It all makes such good business sense. Surely these boxers grew up hoping to be in such positions. Surely the $$$ doesn't rule every singe cell in their brains.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        What? That's exactly what I just said you absolute moron. Oscar already said no to the fight.
        My friend, is it necessary to call people names? Do you feel better that way?
        Do you find it right that the WBC, IBF and WBO belt holders at MW don't want to unify (next) with Golovkin?... As long as WBC made him the mandatory and IBF agreed upon unification?...
        ... In fact, what's the scenario you agree upon? GGG taking on Lara or Oscar? Or GGG has to kindly ask for Ward next -- in Oakland, with a 500k purse?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          That sounds about as cowardly as it gets. You're saying Golovkin only takes low-risk/high-pay fights and doesn't want to prove he's the best? I guess I can't argue with that.
          But why don't you ask Andre Ward if he wants Golovkin next?... I mean right now...

(Everybody would fight Golovkin but not next... They all want him sometime down the line...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            ward, Lara are willing to dance......Next no one is ducking!!! you September 2012 fans.
            Are Ward and Lara ready to fight GGG in September-October? Is there any link for that?

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              And with Hunter said that Ward stays at 168 at the moment I think his options are the winner of Abraham vs Stieglitz, Chudinov and Gilberto Ramirez. I mean just for his next fight.
              So: Ward will not fight Golovkin next?...
              Who's left, then: Lara? Bradley, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Oscar De La Hoya when he heard this news:

Make it happen!
                LOL nice one

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Oscar De La Hoya when he heard this news:

Then you got Lemieux in the back hauling ass.

Comment

I understand Lemieux not willing to fight GGG next -- at the end of the day just who this Golovkin guy actually fought since now? Bums only...

Comment

I don't know why people are upset Lemieux won't fight Golovkin anytime soon. Golovkin would clearly destroy Lemieux. Atleast let Lemieux develop more, he has the style where his brand can grow quite a bit and give Golovkin a potential super fight. I could even see GB using Lemieux as a gauntlet for Golovkin to get to Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X