No announcement yet.

Since Floyds return this is the total record of his 8 opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    If his name was Andrei Kirolenko you would be his biggest fan.
    Lmfao...

Damn pulled his card

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Canelo beat Trout right after Trout beat Cotto, who everyone thought Canelo was scared of and who was going to outbox Canelo. That made him the best JMW at the time and bumped him to the top 10 best boxers of the sport, rightfully so. Maybe you fans should not hype fighters as being so great and feared if you are not going to give equal credit to those who beat them. It happens to often, hype a fighter up as the guy a fighter has to beat to get credit as one of the best, then he does it and nope, fight this other guy now (Lara), nope not yet, he needs to fight another person I have right here, who's also feared and avoided (GGG)...Oh you were able to survive and beat GGG on points, no credit yet, beat Andre Ward now. Oh look Canelo lost to Andre Ward, I told ya'll, he got exposed, he wasn't that good all along!
      Ok, why are you bringing up GGG again? He has nothing to do with this thread and I did not bring him up. You're just trying to start something. I see you're from the Caribbean, Puerto Rican by any chance? If so, it explains a lot.
      Yeah, I know all about the supposed ducking that Canelo was doing with Trout. I wasn't one of those guys hyping up freaking Trout lmao; I predicted Canelo would beat him so it didn't surprise me at all. I actually like Canelo and can't wait for him to beat up on Cotto. You're just making assumptions that I was one of those people that wasn't giving Canelo any credit hahaha. Just because he's not in my list of fav. boxers (which he probably should be) doesn't mean I don't like him. I've actually defended Canelo on these forums when another poster was saying he would duck "slick" boxers in the future. So you could think I'm a Canelo hater all you want (placing me in a group for no reason), I could give two ****s.
      I've always given Floyd all the respect in the world, but you are just butthurt because I said I don't feel like Canelo deserved to be in the top 10 p4p, when it's my opinion. Then you try to bring up GGG even though I said nothing about him, hmmm.
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-23-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Floyd has fought guys with a very impressive collective record. And then as always, someone comes along a criticizes each opponent AFTER he beats them.

The problem with criticizing each opponent is just about anyone can play the devil's advocate and downplay any fighter of the last 100 years. It is not being realistic, it is being biased against a certain fighter.

I clearly remember a good number of fans saying that Maidana would beat Floyd, Canelo would beat Floyd, Pac would beat Floyd, and others. It didn't happen. Some couldn't handle that and the natural response from a blow to the ego when Floyd beat them was to make excuses after the fact instead of crediting Floyd with the win.

People said Floyd WOULD NEVER fight Canelo, they said he WOULD NEVER fight Pac. And then they said if he did fight them, he could not beat them. Floyd could beat everyone in every division and some will still criticize him!

Anytime someone starts criticizing every single opponent a fighter has faced, bar none, it really displays an obvious bias against that fighter, rather than a realistic examining of the opponents and the qualities they brought to the table.

I may not like everything Floyd has ever said or done but he is an ATG and the best fighter in the world. And yes, if GGG, Ward, Kov, and Wlad were all 147 pounders, I'd pick Floyd to win, especially a younger, 32 year old Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Floyd has fought guys with a very impressive collective record. And then as always, someone comes along a criticizes each opponent AFTER he beats them.

The problem with criticizing each opponent is just about anyone can play the devil's advocate and downplay any fighter of the last 100 years. It is not being realistic, it is being biased against a certain fighter.

I clearly remember a good number of fans saying that Maidana would beat Floyd, Canelo would beat Floyd, Pac would beat Floyd, and others. It didn't happen. Some couldn't handle that and the natural response from a blow to the ego when Floyd beat them was to make excuses after the fact instead of crediting Floyd with the win.

People said Floyd WOULD NEVER fight Canelo, they said he WOULD NEVER fight Pac. And then they said if he did fight them, he could not beat them. Floyd could beat everyone in every division and some will still criticize him!

Anytime someone starts criticizing every single opponent a fighter has faced, bar none, it really displays an obvious bias against that fighter, rather than a realistic examining of the opponents and the qualities they brought to the table.

I may not like everything Floyd has ever said or done but he is an ATG and the best fighter in the world. And yes, if GGG, Ward, Kov, and Wlad were all 147 pounders, I'd pick Floyd to win, especially a younger, 32 year old Floyd.
          Well said. iirc, you aren't a fan of the man either.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            331-23-6 with 245 ko's

6 were champions at ww or 154 and 5 were in the Ring p4p top 10(Guerrero,Jmm,Canelo,Manny,Shane)
            Not to mention the two women he beat up multiple times, his times in jail for assaults, his kidnapping and attempted rape, his boring fights and conning people out of their monies and growing number of FloStans that have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Vasyl Lomachenko has beaten who?? and you say he is the next p4p #1 fighter??? you have the nerve to slam Floyds comp but praise him?
              Maybe because Lomachenko has more talent in his left nut than Mayweather has in both of his.

Give him 3 years and he'll have unified 2 divisions & beaten everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
                Maybe because Lomachenko has more talent in his left nut than Mayweather has in both of his.

Give him 3 years and he'll have unified 2 divisions & beaten everybody.
                Bruh he stepped up and lost to overwieght salido

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
                  what a bunch of bums only legit one is canelo but he was weight drained to death, a healthy canelo Kirkland's Mayweather. #FACTS!
                  Canelo is the biggest bum he fought lmao. Fought MATTHEW HATTON for a title FOH

Comment

Guerrero was really p4p at the time? God, he is so average. The welterweight ranks were average too, because he actually earned his shot at Floyd at the time

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                      Guerrero was really p4p at the time? God, he is so average. The welterweight ranks were average too, because he actually earned his shot at Floyd at the time
                      Yeah WW was weak during 2011-2012

Comment

Working...
                      X