• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next Jaidon Codrington.

Comment

looks very sloppy and coordinated.

Comment

Floyd and Roy are two very very different fighters from each other, so this is a strange comparison.

He does not seem reminiscent of either.

He could end up being very good, but those videos don't appear to show anything that makes you particularly impressed.

Doesn't seem to have incredible speed, or technique. No reason to be that impressed.

Comment

#1 amateur in the country and gets high praise from both Roy Jones and Floyd. Seems like someone to keep an eye on in the future for sure.

But he's black so of course certain posters won't want to see him succeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
            Floyd and Roy are two very very different fighters from each other, so this is a strange comparison.

He does not seem reminiscent of either.

He could end up being very good, but those videos don't appear to show anything that makes you particularly impressed.

Doesn't seem to have incredible speed, or technique. No reason to be that impressed.
            I don't mean style wise. I mean prodigy-esque type of fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              didn't know that,

it's like they are rushing him a little bit
              Men didn't, females did. Wilder was the last man to do it with a bronze

Comment

In a word... No

Comment

Why not? Floyd Sr seems to think so "He's a carbon copy of Junior"

Earliest footage of Floyd I can find is when he was 18, he was miles away from what he is now, if Haney improves quite a lot in the next 2 years he can be on course to match Floyd. Will be easier now SR is his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Turning Pro? WTF why so soon? Very talented kid but that Amateur and Olympic experience is vital when you're trying to become a great fighter

I remember seeing him a year ago, he was working with Roy Jones, you can see the talent in him for sure.
                    I didnt even know you can turn pro at 16. if he signs with mayweather hell be stacking bread at 17, fighting in vegas, insane

Comment

But if he fights at the Olympics and wins because he's as good as their saying once he turns pro he's going to make billions

Comment

Working...
                      X