The best (and only song) named after Tavoris Cloud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best (and only song) named after Tavoris Cloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06qXE-yrm5w

Hilarious line about Hopkins/Cloud at the beginning of this song. Mark Kozelek is obviously a huge boxing fan, considering he used to go under the name "Sun Kil Moon" and has songs like "Salvador Sanchez" and "Duk Koo Kim".

Might not be your type of music, but this song came up in my rotation and I had to laugh. I personally like a ton of his stuff.

Last edited by ostinato; 06-19-2015, 08:47 AM.

Decent song, some good lyrics in there. Nice way to metaphor Tavoris Cloud and Hopkins beating him. Clever. Could do with some refinement in the production department but then again I'm listening through **** headphones so its probably a problem on my side.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Decent song, some good lyrics in there. Nice way to metaphor Tavoris Cloud and Hopkins beating him. Clever. Could do with some refinement in the production department but then again I'm listening through **** headphones so its probably a problem on my side.
      No you're right, his usually kind of "lo-fi" as far as his recordings go. A lot of his song seem pretty childish and simple on the surface but have some heavier **** going on under the surface. Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
      X